Normal Engine Temp YD25 Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2013 d22 and was wondering what the Normal Engine Temp is. Gauge sits @ half way all the time since day one. Had a mate that owned a 2010, says it only sat bout 1/3 way on gauge.???

Thanks

don't forget they are idiot gauges. they don't mean much.
if your worried about temps fit a real gauge.

Exactly as Tweak'e says.

The gauge is just an electromagnetic coil pushing against a spring. The more volts you pump in, the more it deflects. The springs aren't perfect, the coils aren't perfect, the magnets aren't perfect. When you add up all that "unperfect" you have quite an range of possible deflections for the exact same temperature (or speed - your speedo is the same stupid thing, same for your tacho and fuel gauge).

Get an ELM327-compliant bluetooth OBD adapter, pair it to your Android smart phone and grab Torque from the Play Store. You'll know precisely what the temp is. And the RPM. And the speed.

You can't get the fuel tank reading from the ECU though. For reasons only known to Nissan, they decided to do the fuel gauge the same way that it's been done for decades - a couple of wires to the fuel tank. I don't know if that's to make it easier to commit suicide - just pop the wires off the back of the gauge and hook 'em up to the battery - or if it's sheer laziness. I'm gonna go with lazy.

its not that the gauges are not perfect, its that they modify the signal so that the gauge doesn't go up/down with minor temp changes and drivers freak out thinking its goign to overheat.
but that also means that by the time the gauge reads hot the engine has overheated and now is stuffed!

Latest posts

Back