No power from 3L

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking boost leak too. That'd be audible as a hissing sound when boost came on.

Is there an intercooler involved, and could that be damaged?

I was wondering what was causing the lack of power in mine and what the hiss was when I put my foot down - had a proper look at the hoses and sure enough the top hose from turbo to inlet was split underneath where the clamp went round, really hard to see at first but thanks to reading this I managed to find it. Fitted a new hose today and all good - but $130 for a 100mm bit of hose!!!:rant:

sorry to mention this now delboy but for all the others with blown hoses, you can get a piece of silicon hose from a turbo shop for about $30

sorry to mention this now delboy but for all the others with blown hoses, you can get a piece of silicon hose from a turbo shop for about $30

Serves me right for going in to Nissan - I should really have checked around or asked on here first, but trying to tow trailer today was a joke and I had to fix it quickly

Can someone tell me how the car drives with the boost sensor unplugged? I unplugged mine and idle was d same as was revving it in neutral

unplugged the hose i hope. unplugging the electrical plug will bring up errors.

fuelling at idle and in neutral is not boost dependant so no change. i doubt it will be any difference even in gear. need to drive it and put it under load to find out what it does.

It was the electrical plug we took out, no lights on the dash or anything to suggest there was a problem.

OK problem fixed finally.

Replaced the fuel filter a few days ago, it didn't do anything so not that. Then I unplugged the boost sensor plug and took it for a quick spin, the car pulled the same. So a new sensor from Nissan and she is all sweet. If anyone wants to see how their D22 performs with no boost just unplug the sensor.
Anyway, thanks to all for the help.

I have had my MAP hose blow off and with the boost leak she was a dog to drive, I ended up using Hydraulic hose and clamps and no issue since.

The hose is rated for 500psi, a tad overkill but thats the way I like it.

A mate of a mate was telling me when he use to work for a Nissan dealer he drove a GU that wasn't boosting and he reckoned it was painful. (ZD30DDTI)

Dave.

F6,

Glad you persisted with this and found an answer. Handy little things to know when it's all gone to shizz. :)

I'll be picking up a D22 in November and driving from Cairns to Melbourne. Should be fun and at least I know the history on this one. :)

Latest posts

Back