no AC dial or radio button illumination

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostin_7

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Ive only just noticed the other week that at night with lights on I no longer have illuminated AC dials or buttons around the stereo.
A few weeks ago I ran power down to the tub triggered by the ignition source ignition barrel, but hadnt driven at night until weeks later and noticed the lighting issue.
Ive checked all fuses under bonnet & in glove box but cant find a cause.
Any help?

First thing I'd suspect is the earth point. It's common between the stereo and instrument cluster, and possibly it'll be the earth for the panel lighting as well. Commonly see problems with stereo changes - try connecting a known good earth to the chassis of the stereo and see what happens (it's supposed to be earthed, so doing this should not blow a fuse unless there's something majorly wrong in there).

Ok I got the dash apart & earthed the radio bracket but still no luck.
Any more suggestions.....

Ok interesting....I dont suppose if anyone knows of an online version of the electrical schematics

Ok thanks ill have a look online tonight.
Its a 2012 ST.
Ive done a quick search on here & a member was doing a radio install in his 2012 model & that he found the orange wire In the harness was headlights illumination

Argg! Now ive discovered that passenger side parker light bulb is getting no power to.

Sorry, misread your post, what boostin 7 said.. Orange wire, pin 9 on the audio unit is the illumination wire. Should be 12v when lights on

Ok turns out I was confusing the fuse box above the battery for the IPDM.
The tail light fuse had blown causing all the mentioned issues.
Thanks everyone for your help

Latest posts

Back