Newbie, need some advices!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdo

Reaction score
Hi to all!
Just new member, i read few thread here and very interesting, and need some advice if possible. Intent trade-in my Celica ZR2001 to 2nd Navada but do not know which's one suit do job (Navara D22 2.5L diesiel Man and D40 2.5L Auto or man) would be good for towing the boat. I just bought a old whittley voyager 5.7 meter, and did Google search can not find the right one, but found one similar maybe bit smaller "Whittley voyager 5.5 which weighs approx 1400-1500 according to a website with the trailer". The problem is, my house seats on the hill side, where's the boat parking on the level yard, i have to reverse on the steep up driveway. Any idear, thanks in advance.
Joe.

Hi!
thanks all for quick reply gave advices.
Tony, yes i'm living in Wallsend, i did search some car yard in town and Cardiff, but they have not got the one I'm looking for
maybe in Sydney one day next week.
Regards
Joe.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest an auto for those maneuvers. 1.5T is still a respectable amount of weight, even if it is only half what the Navara is capable of hauling.

It seems that ANY manufacturer's manual ute these days has clutch issues when they're not used as a weekend shopping centre conveyance. If you're going to pressure the thing with a steep drive I'd look at the auto. The amount of clutch-riding and the massive pressure you'll put on it doing that would greatly strain your clutch. It wouldn't make the auto blink.

If you were nearby, I'd come around and let you park your boat with my auto so you can try it out, but I can't tell what region you're from. As you can see, I'm from suburban Newcastle NSW.

auto for sure. but if u were keen on the manual... how often do u go fishing? will u be towing anything else regularly??

That boat would have to be 2 tonne when its full of fuel, fishing gear, eskies etc. Any of the nav's will tow it easy but reversing it up a hill is going to want to kill the clutches in any of them. Go the auto

@Hi Tony!
Thanks for quick reply. Where's about you in Newcastle? I’m at 23 Glenogle cresent, Wallsend 2287 Mobile 0403302630. I had 3 young brothers all of them had 4wd, but problem, they're not install towbar. if possible you can come and try, its very helpfully and approciated. Yesterday, I spoke my neighbor, he had old” Patrol 4.1L” and did the boat up the yard for me, he said, his car no problem for towing or put the boat on the parking position, but its very thirsty, and drink a lot, because he knew me, everyday I have to do 4 trip to work, from wallsend to Redhead, and i, refer dual cab ute more then wagon.
Regards
Joe

@nismo4x4
@Matt76
Thanks for advice mate, maybe one or twice a month, and nothing else for towing, mainly do trip work everyday around over 100km.
Regards Joe

@Hi Tony!
Thanks for quick reply. Where's about you in Newcastle? I’m at 23 Glenogle cresent, Wallsend 2287 Mobile 0403302630. I had 3 young brothers all of them had 4wd, but problem, they're not install towbar. if possible you can come and try, its very helpfully and approciated. Yesterday, I spoke my neighbor, he had old” Patrol 4.1L” and did the boat up the yard for me, he said, his car no problem for towing or put the boat on the parking position, but its very thirsty, and drink a lot, because he knew me, everyday I have to do 4 trip to work, from wallsend to Redhead, and i, refer dual cab ute more then wagon.
Regards
Joe

@nismo4x4
@Matt76
Thanks for advice mate, maybe one or twice a month, and nothing else for towing, mainly do trip work everyday around over 100km.
Regards Joe

Latest posts

Back