new to the 4x4 scene...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiffy21

Reaction score
hey guys im looking at different lifts for my D40. can someone please explain what the CV angle is because it looks like that is a major problem for most of you guys running 2" and above which is where i want to be.
cheers

The cv is the drive shaft that goes to the wheels from the diff, the problem with lifting ifs (independent front suspension) vehicles is that it put the CVs at more of a sharp angle which can cause problems with them, the front diff moves up but the wheels stay the same which means they are inverted more but 2 inch lift won't cause any major dramas, anything over 2 inch lift you would look at lowering the diff to make the CVs closer to where they should be

The only way to lower the diff is to use a diff drop kit from someone like Calmini, Superior Engineering or Snake racing. Diff drop kits are a 4" to 5" lift though

Where abouts you from? Check out the state sections as some areas run trips and stuff, good way for you to learn first hand.

k sounds like 2" is the highest ill go then. Im in victoria mate sounds like i better have a look

Have a talk with Zordo before you buy a lift kit, he should be able to help you choose the right components for your needs

Latest posts

Back