New to 4x4 - New D22 - Advice please =)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vraji

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to 4x4ing and looking to get more involved over the next 2 years. I have recently bought a brand new d22 and looking for some advice on aftermarket mods. Yes I am aware there are topics on this: however they are singularly listed. I was hoping someone who has experience could point me in the right direction.

My goal is to get the d22 ready for a Kimberly's trip by may next year (2015).

At the moment the only thing I have purchased is a roof top tent, which is yet to be mounted.

What would be recommended to finish kitting the d22 out:

2inch lift? Suspension and body?
Fuel tank?
Winch?
Bullbar?
Chip?
Tires?

p.s not putting a canopy on rather a hard lid with hopefully draws on the inside.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard. I have the same nav as you and have found it very capable straight out of the box. What they really need though, is a 2 " lift and bigger tires. I'm planning a tough dog lift and 32" tires soon.

Really that's it. You can carry extra fuel. A winch would be helpful of course. And you would need a bullbar for that. No chip needed IMO.

Welcome to the forum.

If you're going off-road there are a few things you need to consider:

1) Being able to get past/through/over obstacles. Think about a lift, good tyres, winch (can be mounted on a frame behind an alloy bar, but steel bars are easy), recovery points should be mounted on both chassis rails on both ends of the vehicle AND an equalisation strap carried at all times (plus a few bow shackles). Wading bras should be used when crossing streams, in particular if there's been any flooding because there will be debris in the water. They also provide some protection from water being met by the cooling fan and drawing the fan into the radiator. A sealed snorkel is vital for water crossings.

2) Protecting the important areas of your vehicle. Sliders to protect the door sills and chassis. Underbody bash plates to protect vital things like the sump, gearbox, transfer case, and make sure the radiator is looked after. Inspect the car and make sure that ABS lines and other electrical cabling is not waiting to be snagged by a stray stick.

3) Capacity for what you're doing. Consider long range ranks for driving endurance. Auxiliary battery systems (with or without solar) to provide power away from anything else. Perhaps a drinking water storage method. Also roof racks and/or roof basket with awning, or roof tent.

Back