Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andre

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the approval to post on the forum.
The car is 2010 Nissan Navara D40 Thai build 126kw.

Not sure if should post an issue im having with it here?

Thanks

Did high acceleration about 5000rpm for short time (about 5s) on a hill in first gear. All was good until after some time (about 40mins later) turning at traffic lights something poped and could hear pushing air. Checked and it was the turbo hot side pipe clamp. Bought a right size clamp, clamped it back and now hearing a soft whistling or wining while accelarating especially after 1500 rpm.

There might be other boost leaks, not just that one. Check for burst hoses too, particularly if your car's a few years old.

They're easy to spot if the engine bay is clean (don't pressure-wash the engine bay though!). Look for black oily emissions, the diesels always have dark oily vapours in the air stream after the turbocharger because of the PCV (small hose that connects just in front of the turbocharger). The oil is supposed to be there (because it gets combusted), but it handily also shows us where boost leaks occur.

There might be other boost leaks, not just that one. Check for burst hoses too, particularly if your car's a few years old.

They're easy to spot if the engine bay is clean (don't pressure-wash the engine bay though!). Look for black oily emissions, the diesels always have dark oily vapours in the air stream after the turbocharger because of the PCV (small hose that connects just in front of the turbocharger). The oil is supposed to be there (because it gets combusted), but it handily also shows us where boost leaks occur.
Thank you Tony,

Planning to check tomorrow.

Also i plan to replace the EGR cooler (got a new part) and clean the EGR valve. Is there any good and simple video or advices to do it easier and what to be aware of?

I've never removed my EGR cooler to clean it - I've never wanted to play with the exhaust manifold end of that tube and the concertina section looked particularly fragile, so cleaning that component has been on my "nope" list. The EGR valve is also easier to get to.

If you're going to clean either of these, just wash them in a solvent that won't be too much of an issue if a small amount gets into the motor. Unleaded petrol is fine for that.

Latest posts

Back