New Kid on the Block!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncaged

Reaction score
Hi all,
Names Dave and I have a ST-R (2006). Been reading about dash cluster lights on my model in the forum. Some say the trip meter knob when turned will brighten/dim the cluster lights. I took the dash panel out the speedo knob is only connected to the speedo....not a dash light adjustment.

Next step contact Nissan (technical service), answer, my vehicle was made in Asia it has no provision for adjusting the cluster lights but apparently the ST-X has but it would be a major mod (not much help). They have no advice in relation to an after market unit, but said that if some owners of the R say there is an adjustment by turning the trip meter knob, then its a figment of their imagination!!!

HELP!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

As an STX owner I can confirm that it's a knob-twiddling that's needed to dim the lights.

I can also confirm that the STX instrument panel is quite specific to the STX and that wiring it up to suit the STR would be quite a complex task.

It would be easier to break the power line to the dash lights (even if you had to do this on the instrument panel circuit itself) and connect both sides of the break via a pair of wires to a potentiometer that you mount in the panel around the steering column somewhere.

Thanks Old Tony for the welcome, that was my thinking in relation to a dimmer. But the whole panel appears to be a printed circuit, I guess the answer is don't get old or blind!! but thanks for the welcome and the input.

Welcome mate.

Considered replacing the globes with LED's ?

The lights are fine for me and I do tonnes of night driving.

Great name and ute.

Enjoy the forum.

That's a terrific idea Dave, can you tell me the value of the LEDS, the type of fitting, where to get them and approx cost.
Happy New Year and cheers mate.

Tweak'e has done the globes in his dash from memory.

I think he said there a T6 globe or something like that.

Send him a PM and see what he says or even better, get him to reply here.

Latest posts

Back