New D40 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson25

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just bit the bullet last weekend and put a deposit down on a white 2012 manual, Turbo diesel ST. the wife has a 2010 Xtrail that we have done a bit of 4x4ing, just recently we did stockton... was good fun but the 4x4 system has a tendancy to overheat and disengage.

already have a list of mods i want - first one marked off the list was a hard tonneau cover (picked up an STX cover with black sports bar on ebay for $1100 SCORE!!)
still to come is a black ROX bull bar, bash plates, 2inch lift, Snorkel, Tow bar, paint the rims balck and some All terrains.

cant wait to pick it up and go play in the mud!

Welcome to the forum.

Keep an eye out for our next Watagans Forest trip. We'll be diving down the side tracks and they can be a bit of fun. It's fairly close to home for you too - just off the F3 at the exit north of the twin Caltex servos.

Our next run is to Nundle, 9th Feb. Staying overnight @ Sheba dam by the looks of things. Not a bad camping spot for anything from tents to full vans like ours, it's free, and there are plenty of 4WD tracks not too far away. The tracks suit raised vehicles and recovery points should be considered mandatory (or winch + hitch receiver in rear) as there are some decent bog holes.

Do NOT wear Ugg boots. Too hard to get the bloody mud out of 'em!

Thanks Tony, could you reccomend by any chance recovery points suitable to put on the new truck?

Personally I went the steel bar + winch and the tow hitch + receiver. I do hear that "Outback Ideas" make good recovery points that are supposed to fit. Failing that, have a chat to ARB, who make stuff good enough for competition work (and sponsor the Navara Muster too).

Rear i will be fitting tow bar and hitch like i have on our x trail.
Front i will need to bolt up some recovery points until i buy my xrok bar i want.

Latest posts

Back