New Clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
So the old girl needs a new clutch. I'll most likely get a 4 terrain to put in but who to do the job? My choices seem to be as follows:

1) Buy a kit and do the job myself - yay for bench pressing a d22 gear box into place

2) buy a kit and pay some one to put it in - but am I really saving any money?

3) give the whole job to someone - and what sort of price would I expect to pay?

Thoughts?

I went for option two with my old LN106 lux, after finding a genuine yota one really cheap on abay i paid the mechanic $320 and that included him replace the spigot bearing and rear main while he was at it.
so i guess it would be a very similar job to a D22

The torsion bars have to come out on the d22 to do the clutch, and some of the bell housing bolts are fun to try to get at.
Id get some prices first... don't know if $320 would cover it...

Yeah, $320 might cover a lux but I suspect more for the d22 :)

Anyone done one recently?

I had mine done 3 weeks ago, was told it's an 8 hr job (and thats with a hoist). Total cost was $1700 supplied and fitted.

And tell them to mark the position of the torsion bars before they take them out. long story

I bought a clutch kit and did the job myself (help from brother), at my shop(panel shop) with a hoist.
I would gladly paid someone else to do it next time.

Latest posts

Back