New Camera suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like I said before there'd be operational temp ranges in the units specifications...like everything else...

Not a stupid question anyways...

Na already bought the in-laws a panasonic tz20 travel zoom for their trip. Now i'm getting the Nikon for myself.

thanks, spamy should i go with the kit with the 55-200mm or 55-300mm? Good to hear from someone that has used them. great info.

The 300mm is probably going to give you the most versatility, but mostly you wont want to use anything like full zoom, so the 200 may be more appropriate.

I would ask yourself one question. If you are going to get into this, you will want to replace them with a variety of lenses, so don't go overboard up front. On the otherhand, if you thinks its all you will ever need, then go the larger (and more expensive) option...

If you intend to do much indoor photography, expect to need a speedlight and a F1.4ish 20mm lens. Factor that in to your calculations now if you can... and a tripod potentially... and a decent bag. and a couple of memory cards. and...

Anyway new camera is ordered, went for Australian stock as I found a shop in Brisbane that was very close to the grey prices anyway. Ended up going for the Nikon d7000 and a sigma 17-50mm f2.8 lens. I'll pick up a 70-200 f2.8 sigma down the track If i find I have a use for it. Thanks for the help, shame i won't have it in time for this weekends trip. I've done a lot of reading about the cameras and lenses over the past week or 2 and i think this one should suit my needs or is that wants lol.

Last edited:
Still waiting for my d7000 to come in, seems to be a mass shortage of them from a flood in Thailand. Anyway been about 3 weeks now and from the last update email i received it will be at least a week or 2 more (if i'm lucky) so anyway i thought you lot might find this funny

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRzcCYSg_vA[/yt]

Back