Need advice on whats to choose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellafella

Reaction score
So not sure what happend but mayb the misses really thought i needed an extra 2" but she came home today and said she'll get me exhaust for my birthday!!!! :):):):):):):)
But thinking about it for the same price an ungraded turbo is an option or an ARE intercooler...?????

So whats everyones thoughts

1) 3" Zoorst
2) Turbo
3) Intercooler

Larger exhaust.

More performance.
Potential for better fuel consupmtion
Lower EGT's thus decreasing engine stress and extending longertivity.
Possibly less turbo lag.

Something with a large dump pipe

If your D22 has a ZD30 and it doesn't have an intercooler yet then I would go that way, good protection if the turbo explodes and lower temps to ease engine stress, also a small performance gain.

Car's a D22 YD25 with a top mount intercooler judging by the garage pics. Exhaust would be preferable if those are your only options - you won't get a HUGE gain from the intercooler, in fact you may not get a huge gain from the new exhaust either. You might get more noticeable improvements with the turbocharger but it's not vital. I'd be looking towards Forefront Industries for one of their billet jobs rather than anywhere else.

For a substantial performance improvement, a chip would be the single biggest improvement, alongside diesel gas.

Cheers Tony ended up going exhaust then turbo next i have forfront industries new turbo saved on ebay! So might have to wait till next year for that one but its in the pipe line

Good choice.... If you want to upgrade the turbo you'd need to do the exhaust too anyway so it would be better to do exhaust first..... In saying that the turbos on the d22s are ball bearing anyway so they are decent to start with... Chip it and turn up the boost a tad and it will go a lot better with a bigger exhaust....

Oh and an extra 2 inches may help, but you know what they say, it's not the size, it's how you use it..........

Hahahahahahaha

Back