Navara d40 off road ability

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets be honest here, Navaras either D22 or D40 aren't the best off road, and certainly won't compete with a stock GQ/Maverick. At least the D40 is a comfortable & nice car with 4wd ability, dunno what the D22's purpose in life is!

Geez I love fishin

"nice car with 4wd ability, "....are you sure about that????

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2515.jpg

On that hill there should only be 3 things stopping you.

Driver error

Vehicle issues

Combination of both

Not throwing stones but should get up that a piece of piss

like i said its kinda hard to go off judgement of that pic.. im not going to say i no everything about 4wd coz i dont ... but she was bugged is she was going to go over that ditch on that rocky hill maybe some people would like to go 4wd soon for a day trip coz it would be good to go with other navaras .

like i said its kinda hard to go off judgement of that pic.. im not going to say i no everything about 4wd coz i dont ... but she was bugged is she was going to go over that ditch on that rocky hill maybe some people would like to go 4wd soon for a day trip coz it would be good to go with other navaras .

yeah mate, but it seems the VNOG is somewhat asleep of late...

Are you still having trouble with your D40? i'll be honest, i haven't read the entire thread. I recently had a 4wd engagment issue which was resolved with a quick sensor switch change on the transfer case.

Since then i have been able to out do a few patrols and crusiers in the sand dunes and on the beaches.

hmm i haven't worked it if mine is working how it should after i had that near miss the girlfriend had enough it was getting late anyways so we just got out in 2 wheel drive so i dont no if its working i might have a play tomorrow if i have time ...

its very easy to tell if its in low or high range, just put it in high and drive a couple of meters, then stop, take it out of gear and select low, drive forward a few meters and you should instantly feel the gearing difference, its chalk and cheese.

yeah i no the differences between the two but ill do it tomorrow but even if it goes in would there be a reason why it would slip going up hill ??

yeah i no the differences between the two but ill do it tomorrow but even if it goes in would there be a reason why it would slip going up hill ??

and when i mean slip i don't mean the tires on the ground i mean could there be something wrong with the diff or something?

After today going threw some tricky stuff I think I want to sell my d40 fair too say it was kinda bad getting stuck and ford mavericks witch is 20 years old and petrol I'm pissed off about the stupid 4wd auto hubs dint work like they should if they don't work why not leave the gearstick and manual hubs I nearly had a bad smash going up a hill the car died on me lost grip and slid back fast nearly hit the tree I also think it had something to do with the clutch ... Fair too say I'm not happy with it I no it's never going to do what the big boys can do pretty much a hilux also a stock mazda made it up the same I could not go.
:pissedoff:

Nice rant there navdog, I think educating yourself on how the 4wd system on the D40 works is totaly the wrong solution for you and you should go and get yourself a "big boy".

nice rant there navdog, i think educating yourself on how the 4wd system on the d40 works is totaly the wrong solution for you and you should go and get yourself a "big boy".

wow a smart ass thanks ''junior''

Last edited:
Clutch fucked maybe?

In my last one I got to a stalemate where it wasn't spinning wheels but wasn't moving either, backed up and did it again with a bit more mumbo and no probs.

That was an Auto though

can someone tell me was the lock diff in the navara a option?? i no they wear out but someone reckons they were a option ???

Im with you justdrinkbeer about the clutch, I think if there was something wrong with your diffs, gearbox or transfer case, then there should be some sort of noise to go with it. Just my thoughts.

well im not sure but when i went to take off after i smelt the clutch the pedded was sticking to the floor ?

Latest posts

Back