Navara 2010 ST-X Are they built tough to last the years ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brikelly

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been wondering throughout the many series that nissan has brought out especially the series 4 which i just bought, and now a mechanic said that nissans in general start to leak oil and break down after 60K. But i just wondered if they are all mechanically built tough. Also are they built tough as a Hilux (as advertised by toyota and top gear) But the thing is you hear all these statements that toyota are unbreakable but are nissan navara's built just as tough?

All forms of media should be ignored when selecting anything, the terms they use mean nothing. Like hell a Hilux is unbreakable, give me a sledge hammer and 5 minutes and it's as broken as any other car. Nav's are built tough, yeah right they are built the same way any other car is. And Top gear is just a wankfest for several stupid Poms and shouldn't be considered factual in any shape or form.

As to whether a Nav will last years well there is plenty already that have lasted years so why would new ones be any different. There is also plenty of Toyotas that have lasted years but that doesn't mean either one is totally free from problems. Lemons happen and there is bugger all the average mug can do about it.

You'll find heaps of threads on this an many other forums where people will claim one car make starts developing problems after x number of k's and that another make is better and while the poster of the comment may be accurate in saying their car did it there is more than likely no proof that ALL cars that come from the same factory will do it.

How tough your car is and how long is lasts is usually directly related to how you treat it and how you drive it.

new hilux=overated piece of shit over priced nothing like its older models from which it got its reputation from.

that should do to boost the confidence. I can't believe that hiluxs were the only vehicle built tough. I guess my other point though, are engines built tougher then the older ones should they last a million kms alot easier without so many problems like the old ones ?

Mate it seems like you want someone to tell you that one or the other is shit and will die on you after 60K. There is no saying how far an engine can go there are too many factors and besides predicting a 2010 model anything will do a million ks in its life can't ever be more than speculation. If it makes you feel better I'll tell you that a 2010 will last you forever and will never give you any hassle at all and then if the thing ever dies you can come back on here and tell everyone I lied to you and Navara's are crappy and that you should have brought a Hilux.

Too late they've been here for a while now. According to their website we don't have a dealer down here but I've seen two of them this week alone in car parks. I did consider waiting for their owners to come back just so I could punch them but really they are no worse than Great Wall owners.

u would hav to be braindead to hand money over for that...sorry brikelly u can hav your post back now just buy the navara be done with it cheers

haha . nah it's okay. I'm just hoping this this vehicle won't drown me with any problems. IF it is a lemon i can ask for a new vehicle ? Being under a 3 year warranty hopefully. This is my first nissan car. I've always had Toyota. But i think these problems are across any car.

You can ask for anything, whether you will get it is another thing. I'd have to suggest that it would be a fairly big issue Nissan can't deny for them to replace the entire car but then I doubt any other manufacturer would be any different. Pay $23K for a Great Wall and three wheels fall off I bet they don't replace it with a new car just because the price is half that of a Nav. Same would go for a Lexus which is triple the price.

Buying a car can be risky but there is many more of us on here that have no problems than there are asking for their money back. And really we are a small minority of the number of Nav owners actually on the road so the number of happy campers must be a lot higher than are counted here.

I've only had my Nav since late Oct last year. It's done just shy of 29,000km so far.

The only problems with it have been:

* Fuel consumption goes up when I buy shit fuel. Lesson learned: don't buy shit fuel.

* I am continually pipped at the post when drag-racing F18 Hornets.

* Despite the thing being big and white, and my caravan being big and white, there are any number of blind idiots on the roads who will even ignore stop signs in order to see if we can reach a particular note by converting their boot into an accordian.

* My diesel isn't free. Every single time I fill up the tank some bozo in a car with flashing lights insists that I go back and pay for it. I'm getting rather fed up with that.

* There is no stealth mode. This is disgraceful. I want to take a drive through an aged care facility and have a good perv on some of the lovelies and they all know I'm there, and half of them complain about aches and pains when I bump 'em out of the way.

Other than that, it's not a bad car.

Latest posts

Back