Navara 2.5 or3.0?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezza81

Reaction score
Hey guys, after an exhustive search i'v finally decided to settle on a navara d22, the only problem is i can't decide which one. In my area i can pick up a late model 3.0 for 26-29k or the 2.5 for low 30k. I don't mind spending the extra money for a newer 2.5 but i'm wondering if it is really worth, any advice and on either model will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

hey and welcome. I have the 3.0, which has had no dramas except general wear and tear. Where abouts are u from?:big_smile:

Hey mate, i'm from Melbourne, have you put a lift kit on your d22 or do you find the existing ground clearance adequate?

Hi mate, welcome to the forums.

I have the 2.5 (2008 model) and can't fault it, having said that I haven't driven a 3.0 litre model.

I personally find the standard height adequate, have slightly larger tyres than standard but does the job out bush for now, my brother has a 04 hilux extra cab with a 2" lift and my Navara standard has better ground clearance than his with a lift............

ZD30DDT all the way.

I reakon the ZD30 goes harder then the YD25 D22 spec.

Chip the YD25, different story.

Dave.

The lady I bought my Navara from, went out and bought an 09 D22 Navara(Thailand built). She has had it 8 weeks now and rang me to see if I would sell her back her old one. She reckons it is heavy on juice campared to the ZD30 and has less power. She was getting 8-9l per 100km out of the ZD30 and she is now getting 12 - 13l per 100km from the YD25.

She wanted to know about dgas. I told her to chip it and dgas it, then she will be happy with the power. As far as economy goes I suppose after it loosens up it may improve.

Hi mate.

Ive had my 2.5 d22 for 6 months now.
I get about 10lit/100km . But that is loaded and towing a work trailer. Could not be happier so far. big hills slow you down a bit, but hey. they slow most things down.

Mine is an 08 model. Made in Japan.
I think you can still buy one of these.

Just one thing. The shocks are rubbish. You would need to change them. I still havnt got around to it yet.

Good luck. Roy.

Back