mystery engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa navigator

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a recurring orange engine light on my 2007 D40. It recurs aprroximately 12 hours ish after I reset by disconnecting neg battery lead. I had the code fault read by a service company and the read out listed no fault codes.
The fault started occurring aprox two weeks after I installed a chipit DPF bypass pipe and a EGR blank plate, (I still have crap fuel economy).
I would think it is the DPF bypass, but the fault code not listing has me baffled. Any clues out there in Navara world.

The code is important if it's not an intermittent problem. It will give you an idea of where to start looking for a solution.

Based on your description, I'd say you've installed a DPF Delete pipe and it's possible that your DPF wants to regenerate but can't - but you should be seeing the DPF light come on if that's the case. It's possible that the problem is elsewhere.

Don't worry about the EGR blanking plate. You'll get a warning light if you unplug the EGR valve, but the blanking plate in your car won't cause it any grief.

Thanks

Thanks for that, I'll se if I can get a reliable read of the fault codes. I have since had a read done again, yesterday afternoon and still no fault recorded?:deadhorse2:

This is where being able to do it yourself pays really well. A $20 bluetooth OBD adapter (ELM327-compliant) and a free Android app and you'll have that answer.

Tell us a little more about the problem, in the meantime. Do you see smoke, what colour, is there any squealing noise present? Are you using a genuine fuel filter?

Latest posts

Back