my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a break from the patrol Dual cab chop today(almost finished) and looked at how the f*ck im going to mount the hydro pump with the stupid serpintine belt crap. Looks like a custom lower radiator hose to block pipe and then a few extra brackets here and there with the alternator being lowered and the pump sitting where the alternator was.

Took a break from the patrol Dual cab chop today(almost finished) and looked at how the f*ck im going to mount the hydro pump with the stupid serpintine belt crap. Looks like a custom lower radiator hose to block pipe and then a few extra brackets here and there with the alternator being lowered and the pump sitting where the alternator was.

You can't fit a larger PS pump in the PS pump position with solenoid valves?

not sure. but id rather not touch the normal steering side of things. Easier to isolate with its own pump and its got the flow i require already.

not sure. but id rather not touch the normal steering side of things. Easier to isolate with its own pump and its got the flow i require already.

what, after all this you're scared all of a sudden? pfffff, harden up princess! lol!

haha. Gota have normal mechanical steering for on road so theres no real point playing around with the factory power steering pump when theres another method.

hey mate i really intrersted in converting my d22 wat diff did you use and how long did it take you thanks

theres alot more to it then just what diff i used mate. have a read then ask..

Now that A.Js GU isnt in my driveway anymore i can get back to this.

Bit of tinkering around today.

Winch tacked in place..tight fit

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Had to shave the cooling fan to get it in

IMG_0698.jpg

Then it was onto rearranging the belt system on the front of the block to make room for the hydro pump.

A.Js got the camera with the picks on it but we pulled off the thermostat housing and cut 200mm out of the length and i got it tigged back together. This gives more clearance to lower the alternator

IMG_0692.jpg

The belt will now run outside the lower radiator hose.

Roughly where it will sit

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Made up a couple of rough mounts.

IMG_0694.jpg

The bottom of the hydro pump will have a slide so it can act as a tensioner aswell.

I'd like to know what has NOT been touched or changed or tinkered with. Love the work Joshy!

So is this the longest thread on navara.asia at 66 pages (and counting)?

The motor is still untouched...and the interior is untouched.... cant think of anything else.

Yeah i think its longest and most viewed..

Latest posts

Back