my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was warned if I presented mine with 35" it wouldn't even be looked at by the engineer.
That was from Marks 4WD adapters when doing a v8 landcruiser conversion. Still got knocked back because the speedo wasn't correct on the test drive, running 33" but was an easy fix. Costs me $1200 for the enigneers certificate. That was around 10 years ago.

easy as to get 35's legal on patrol diffs.

So the engineer came over,
start with the good parts.
everything is overkill and he cant see a prob with any of the welding/bracing, no chance itll break on the road.

The negatives, he cant engineer hyme joints, the coilovers are too long.
Hes given me a number for another 2 engineers that do the more extreme 4wds.

Atleast he has given you the numbers of other engineers, thats pretty decent. Some guys ive dealt with over the years can be complete noobs!

yeah nah top guy and was honest straight up. gave me a few tips. your allowed to weld horizontal and vertical on the side of the chassis, your only allowed to weld along the top and bottom of the chassis not across.

OH REALLY?? Thats good to know! I was always under the believe that you couldnt weld it at all... unless modded... or sprayed with black paint and then dirt so it looked like it was always there :big_smile:

i've been a bit slack and haven't been online in ages, and damn you have made some progress. so are you going to be entering the nav into tuff trucks?

Nah wont be ready in time. The drive shafts are going to take awhile and theres alot of $$$ in the exo that i dont hav right now to buy the steel.

Finished bracing the rear diff

P1270072.jpg

Added bracing to the chassis links
P1270074.jpg

P1270075.jpg

Yay, I was going to hassle you for a progress report tonight joshy but you beat me.

Great pics & progress.

Argh running out of mig gas is a pain in the ass. Almost had the gearbox crossmember all tacked together.

whats up with the move of the thread?

Done a bit more work on it, no pics tho. Made up the gearbox crossmember, used gu lower control arm bushes each side to try and absorb the vibration. Also wound in the rear links an inch to make the most of what ive cut out of the body, then ive wound out the front links 1.5" so i dont have to cut asmuch out of the body and improve the approach.

Engine bay just needs a tidy up with fuel hoses and wiring,

waiting for the braided brake line for the rear diff,

Bleed the brakes,

new cabmounts arrived for the ones i chopped up so got to weld them in 2"s higher,

Still need to get

Gu draglink/hydro steer

Front and rear tail shafts

Sh1t load of tube.

Tried putting a gu front shaft in but was 5-10mm too long

Been slowly workin away at it, hoping to take it for a "test" drive at the end of the month, without any of the hydraulics tho. Got prices for the hydro steer and itll still be another month or two till i can get it. Also trying to find someone to to the driveshafts, I think the rear will be okay but the front being so short with alot of movement and angle and not much space due to the links is going to be a pain.

All the electrics are almost finished, made up a switch plate to go in a DIN spot

A.J likes his work..

P2040093.jpg

P2040095.jpg

Still have to make another one to put the hydraulic switches.

Few issues,
Not sure how i should cut the guards on the cab side of them as they cover the door hinges
P2070098.jpg

Also not sure how to go about mounting the tube bar..dont want to use the crumple zone to mount it as ive seen that rip off before..
P2070099.jpg

P2070100.jpg

Made up a tailshaft using A.Js spare rear gu tailshaft, it was 345mm too short so i sleeved it with some 90mm I.D pipe and welded it up. itll be out of balance really bad but its just to get the nav on the trailer. The slip yoke on it is enough to cover the range of movement in the suspension tho.

Hopefully get the coilovers gassed up over the weekend.

Done a heap of 1%ers, routing brake lines and locker lines. Moved the fuel tank to the back seat for now till the fuel cells get made up.

Tried bleeding the brake lines but we didnt have much luck, Bled the master, all the splitter blocks and at the calipers but couldnt get it to hold pressure. Couldnt find any leaks and the volume in the reserviour wasnt going down.

Latest posts

Back