Maxxis or Federal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22Nav_Man

Reaction score
I need to buy some new tyres for my d22 so im going to put on some muddies. At the moment i'm tossing up between maxxis bighorns or federals muddie. Anyone used these what did you think or recomend. They'll only be 31'' as it is not yet lifted :( any help would be great!!!!!

I have also been looking for tires i wanted the maxxis bighorns aswell intill i found out that there are none in australia so i am now looking at the bf goodrich km2's

I run 265/75 Bighorns took them out in the mud last weekend they worked a treat.
plowed through anything my clearance allowed me to pass.
on Highway there a little noisy..... nothing a turn on the radio volume doesnt fix!!!!
and wear rate ive had them for about 10,000 almost and wearing evenly and hard wearing can barely tell they used so far.

I'm looking at the federal M/T's myself soon will keep on eye on this thread.

I know a guy who runs them on his hilux and he loves them

iv heard a few good things about bighorns for their price. il be getting them as spares for my wkend/camping fun.

hey guys i have had big horns and i currently run federal couragia m/ts and the maxxis are an awesome tyre as are the federals but the federals will only last about 25 to 30 thousand kays as they are a very soft compound but perform a hell of alot better in mud and rock.. the bighorns are more all round tyre and last alot longer i hoipe this helps

robert :rock:

hey guys i have had big horns and i currently run federal couragia m/ts and the maxxis are an awesome tyre as are the federals but the federals will only last about 25 to 30 thousand kays as they are a very soft compound but perform a hell of alot better in mud and rock.. the bighorns are more all round tyre and last alot longer i hoipe this helps

robert :rock:

Cheers mate that was exactly the feed back I was after. The federals look pretty wicked but if there only going to last a short period of time I think big horns are probably the way to go for me to bad no ones got them at the moment :(

how are ya i run 285-75 bighorns on mine and i think they are awsome next im goin to try the maxxis crawlers there ment to be good also.

well ahhh that puts the federals off my list :S:( its was maxxis bighorns, federal couragias mt and the hercules traildigger mts...only 2 out fo 3 to go...ive always liked the maxxis but the massive shortage in brisbane is crap

I've just ordered some Khumo's. 285/75 R16 and got em for $270 a piece. Looked at both Maxxis and Federal but settled on the Khumos. Will update when I have the fitted in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back