Major Issue! Need Problem Solvers/DIY Gurus!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
So I finally bought my first house!! YIPPEE right? Anyway, had my final inspection on Tuesday night and decided to try my car in the garage. The only thing that crossed my mind was height as that has been as issue in the past.

Take a look at my issue;

dXSViIZl.jpg

Jw9XUrDl.jpg

How do I make my baby fit?

Double garage? 45 degree angle works hahaha. Otherwise take your bullbar off every night lol

Yep its a double garage, but it needs to be shared..i must go in straight...

ill be taking my tow bar off to reduce a little size...

No point taking off your towbar mate if the garage door wants to stop on the topside of your tray.

Is the garage the same length the way across?
In that first picture where you are nose up to the wall, it looks as if the wall goes further to the left ?

No point taking off your towbar mate if the garage door wants to stop on the topside of your tray.

Is the garage the same length the way across?
In that first picture where you are nose up to the wall, it looks as if the wall goes further to the left ?

Theres a little storage area there which is that indent you can see. Only problem is that the indent is right in the middle and I need to share the garage with somebody.

If you look closely, the car isnt actually perfectly straight. and I can move the track of the garage out slightly so hopefully we can make it work.

find a bricklayer lol!

HAHAHA. Or a real estate agent - sell and move house!

WHAT A PAIN !!
maybe chip into the bricks 30-40mm just in the shape of your bar then of hide all/fix all coat of camouflage paint

Congrats on the first home buy, at that time you have more on your mind than will my car fit. Most new homes have tiny garages and you could have more comfortable times with your partner in the back seat of the car. If there is no load bearing supports you could move the roller door back with the appropriate council approval for around 5k dependant of the materials needed.

Hang on,, I've got it................... Don't put the door down;) or go with manning's idea -brick saw:)
But seriously what a shite! Have you got a floor plan you could post ? Can you move that wall??

Hell if your set on no tow bar just remove it.
Custom tray won't fix squat when the chassis rails poke out.

haha great responses!!! ill try moving the track of the roller door...and i dont tow to much anyway so Ill take the tow bar off and see what I can achieve...moving the wall cant happen as the wall backs onto a bedroom...

knocking bricks out seems a little extreme...

the main problem is the bloody xrox bar protruding like 150mm from the front of the car!

Latest posts

Back