Lowering suspension kit any out there?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post. Was wondering if anyone ever lowered their D40. And what are the best ways or options to do it. I know everyone wants to raise or lift, but I want to corner

I think you will find they are lowered from the factory but seriously i have never known that topic to be discussed here as you say most need to raise to do anything moderate off road.
Oh and welcome to the forum.

Hey guys, this is my first post. Was wondering if anyone ever lowered their D40. And what are the best ways or options to do it. I know everyone wants to raise or lift, but I want to corner

Get a good brand after market suspension kit standard or lifted and cornering will be greatly improved. Standard suspension is shiete!

Custom made front springs will get your front down but your going the face the same problems as the rest of us...poor cv angles and bad wheel alignment.also in the front there isnt much wheel arch headroom.if you went a 1 to 1.5 inch lowered front in a custom spring (king springs do custom rates and heights for around $300) you might need some adjustable upper control arms or a adj lower bush kits or both.
The Back end just reset leaf springs but the standard ones are kind of flat anyway..you cound remount the diff topside of the springs and replace the springs with aftermarket ones..might need lifted ones and HD to get the ride height correct as a topside mount diff could lower it by 4"
How low do you want to go?
Also Nakkers is dead right...even a lifted nav rides a lot better than a standard one

Custom made front springs will get your front down but your going the face the same problems as the rest of us...poor cv angles and bad wheel alignment.also in the front there isnt much wheel arch headroom.if you went a 1 to 1.5 inch lowered front in a custom spring (king springs do custom rates and heights for around $300) you might need some adjustable upper control arms or a adj lower bush kits or both.
The Back end just reset leaf springs but the standard ones are kind of flat anyway..you cound remount the diff topside of the springs and replace the springs with aftermarket ones..might need lifted ones and HD to get the ride height correct as a topside mount diff could lower it by 4"
How low do you want to go?
Also Nakkers is dead right...even a lifted nav rides a lot better than a standard one

Thanks bro. Will check out Kings. I just wanted maybe a 1.5 inch drop. Or at least something that will make me handle better. If u know what mean.

So basicly your paid extra for the 4wd over the 2wd just to make it useless off road. You want cornering buy a sedan.

Anyway as said a good after maket kit will increase your handling.

I actually have mine handling far better and have raised the truck. The biggest issue is that by default they under steer from what I have found.
I changed both my upper control arms and struts and it made a huge difference.I set mine up to play on a race track so under steer was bad bad bad.
As the truck sits I have as close to zero camber until I hit the brakes. Under heavy breaking it does to neg camber and turns in fairly hard.
I use arms from PRG and shocks from Radflo . If you contact Greg at PRG ( its not easy as he is a damm hard working little vegimite ) and Glenn at Radflo they will be able to help you out in making your truck handle. No matter what you do it will never be a sports car but if you set up your suspension up properly then it will do pretty well for a 2 tonne beasty.
The biggest thing is dont go about it half assed. Get the right springs for both front and rear and shocks to suit your truck and what you want.
Mine has Eibach 500lb springs in front and Ironman 0 -300kg springs in the rear. Front shocks are Radflo and the rears Rancho adjustables.
Basically it means I can tune my suspension to how I want it to feel.

From the factory you get shocks that would make good bike pumps and springs that equate to baked pasta .Until you have driven something with good suspension you really wont know what your missing

Is this what you're trying to do?

079.jpg

Is this what you're trying to do?

Nah bro, not like that at all. I'm looking for more of a performance drop, not a show drop or cruiser drop.
Where I'm from in Trinidad, we've got a lot of corners and also a lot of trucks (vans) with a lot of "pep"! So just trying to be on top with the performance.
Nice pic though.

The just get an other maket kit like Aussie Frontier. I pretty sure I say him the other night. Seemed to ok leaving tuggers

Latest posts

Back