Longrange tanks D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodze

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction for a long range tank (Brand and size ect) dont want to have to do any mods if I can help it cheers.. (Yeah sorry d40 twin cab)

Last edited:
I got a 125L tank from ARB. It was around the $1400 mark fitted. The original tank is removed and the long range tank is put in its place. They didn't replace any sensors so the fuel needle only starts to move once the tank is half full as it is twice the size of the original.

Because the long range tank fits in the same space as the original yet it is bigger, it does hang down lower. I therefore got a lift kit to increase the distance between the new tank and whatever surface you are driving over. Was after a lift kit anyway but it was yet another excuse I could use on the missus in order to spend yet more money on the Nav, which lets face it, we all love to do!:big_smile:

Welcome to the forums, would probably help a bit if you mentioned the model of vehicle given that different companies make different tanks for each Nav Model and not all at the same.

Woody has an Ironman (I think) in his Thai D40, so there is a few options out there for D40's

Hi ... i'd like to do a correction to Krafty's assumption ... (not to often he needs to be corrected ... :ha: )

I have a Bownbuilt Davis 144 litre replacement tank under my Thai D40. Its great to have a STEEL tank under the navara, not a plastic one. Its good to have the large fuel capacity, not good to stand for ages beside the bowser waiting to fill it up. I try to find the slow fill pumps (not the truck ones) so the fuel does not froth up too much and come back out the spout at me.

Long Range Fuel tank

Iron man catalog has them for $749. Doesn't say liters but I would say not less than 120.

Hi ... i'd like to do a correction to Krafty's assumption ... (not to often he needs to be corrected ... :ha: )

I have a Bownbuilt Davis 144 litre replacement tank under my Thai D40. Its great to have a STEEL tank under the navara, not a plastic one. Its good to have the large fuel capacity, not good to stand for ages beside the bowser waiting to fill it up. I try to find the slow fill pumps (not the truck ones) so the fuel does not froth up too much and come back out the spout at me.

Hi woody,
does your tank sit lower then the stock tank?
can i ask what it cost you? and who stocks them?
:cheers!: nathan

I have a outback 160ltr fuel tank it was fitted by ARB in WA it cost me $1100 it is all steel and sits lower that the original, so I spent another $2000 to have my D40 lifted

Last edited:
Don't be jealous, guys - I added an extra 80L of diesel capacity to my ute for $120. My fuel gauge is as accurate now as it was before the upgrade, and when I don't want to carry all that extra weight, I leave the jerry cans at home.

I spent a little more than Old Tony and got a 160L tank fitted by Opposite Lock. It cost around $1400 from memory. Oh and not jealous at all Tony, as I need every bit of the extra capacity given the terrible fuel economy I have.

Last edited:
I had ARB Midland fit a 160L tank about 18 months ago. Used same sensors etc. Stays on full for 300KM. Does not sit low but is pain to fill right up because tank inlet is blow top of tank. It's l\not a lot of difference though. Can't remember how much but had a bullbar and tank supplied and fitted for around $3K

cant remember what my tank cost, as it was done at the same time as heaps of other things.

It does sit a bit lower than the original tank - it sits absolutely flush with the bottom of the chasis rail, so no need for a body lift.

I got an Ironman long range tank fitted just yesterday, filled it up for the first time on the way home, they told me they put 15 litres back in the tank when they installed it, ( I took the Nav there with the fuel light on) I then drove about 20 km to the servo where I put 143 litres in. I used the hi flow pump as i have used before with no dramas.

The tank dosen't hang down any lower than the original and it all looks pretty neat under there, They did me a bit or a deal as I got stuffed around a bit when I first ordered it, but I reckon at $749 it's on the money, looking forward to the extra range when towing my caravan.

Latest posts

Back