long range tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They hang slightly lower.

I dont go looking for the hardest tracks, so suits my needs.

Yeah that might be a problem for me. I am usually hunting for a track that i cant walk up its so steep or has that many rocks and ruts id fall over if I tried it on foot.

hmm maybe a bash plate for the fuel tank then haha.

mine is about 25-30mm lower then the chassis rail next to it. mind you they are 3mm steel so it would take a decent hit to punture it.

Yeah that might be a problem for me. I am usually hunting for a track that i cant walk up its so steep or has that many rocks and ruts id fall over if I tried it on foot.

hmm maybe a bash plate for the fuel tank then haha.

If you already have a 2" body lift, the 4wd systems 145l tank can be raised up 2" by lowering the mounting tabs. Well thats what I've done, hasn't got any dings or gouges (some scratches) and it sits about 5mm above the chassis. (similar to the std tank)

Pretty sure they can do this before delivery or you can get 'em to mod it for more capacity. Someone on here did, ended up with 180l tank (or there abouts).

Imagine a ramp over situation, potentially the whole weight of the vehicle could be on a stardard LR tank :suicide2: I've been stuck numerous times sitting on the chassis with all 4 wheels in the air. Don't think 2/3mm sheet would hold up.

mine is about 25-30mm lower then the chassis rail next to it. mind you they are 3mm steel so it would take a decent hit to punture it.

Al, I believe most are made from 2mm aluminised steel

hmmm im trying to work out if its worth me getting a long range tank. i am heading to cape york next year in june/july and was just gonna take a few 20l jerry's. i dont really want it hanging lower then what it is. i am eventually sticking a 1" bodylift in and could always get them to move the bracket up. is teh 124L tank a better tank? i think 145L may be a lil to much

Rusty, I went up this year towing a trailer and took 2 x 20litre cans-----didn't use them. Even all the xtra fuel for the motorbikes we really need as much too

It also just depends if you are going straight up and back or going off to the side roads etc etc etc

My has drag the tank before. Scratched the tank, but nothing to worry about.

That was before the 2 inch lift went in though.

Rusty, I went up this year towing a trailer and took 2 x 20litre cans-----didn't use them. Even all the xtra fuel for the motorbikes we really need as much too

It also just depends if you are going straight up and back or going off to the side roads etc etc etc

Just depends on how much you want to pay for fuel when up the top or in remote places. Fuel was $2.21 in Bamaga, $2.00 at Bramwell, $1.77 at Musgrave or Coen, $1.55 at Lakeland and $1.48 in Cooktown.

On my recent trip, filled up (145l tank to the brim) in Cooktown, 35l splash and dash in Coen, 60l (freebe) up the top. On the way back - 30l in lochart river ($1.87), 30l at Musgrave, 30l at Lakeland and another 80l at Cooktown (another 15l back to full). Thats around 250l from Cooktown to Cooktown.

Probably saved at least $50/100 becasue of the L/R tank, and the price of a couple of jerry cans (another $50/100) Fuel consumption I estimated to be around12-13l/100 on the slow going tracks up there, but averaged 11.08l for the 7500 km, (Sydney - Cape - Airle beach) with plenty of national parks and state forrests on the way up.

fuel.png

the columns are from l->R

ODO Reading (km) KM Travelled Fuel Added (L) Filled (y/N) Price ($) $/L L/100km

FYI here a pic from the back to show it rough shape
IMAG0460.jpg

Last edited:
I agree Tommy...you definitely save money...however we had 7 people contributing to the costs....divided by 7 is SFA in the scheme of things .most of us were on bikes and the car and trailer support.

needless to say I had one of my engineers designing under chassis fuel / water tanks for my trailer..all up we are near 330 litres total capacity.

will post some pics later on of the models

Last edited:
Back