Long range tank.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian

Reaction score
Gday all,

Help please, Has anyone with a D22 Navara fitted a long range tank?

If so did it come with a new mounting bracket for the front of the tank?

I have bought one from a wrecker and the front mount doesnt match the mounting holes and is on a different angle to the original tank.

Thanks in advance.

I have one mate. I got mine from a wreckers as well. Did the wreckers supply you with the front bracket. They have probably left it on the vehicle. There is a bracket that bolts to the tank which has the right angle mount

How many litres are these tanks are they a genuine nissan item and thats how you huys are getting them from the wrecker or did you both just get lucky and find aftermarket one at the wreckers

I have one mate. I got mine from a wreckers as well. Did the wreckers supply you with the front bracket. They have probably left it on the vehicle. There is a bracket that bolts to the tank which has the right angle mount

Thanks Scotty,

Thats what I suspected, however I asked the wrecker and he said he didn't know. I will give him another call and ask if he possibly has the gearbox crossmember, the bracket may still be on it.

Cheers.

qqc d22 said:
How many litres are these tanks are they a genuine nissan item and thats how you huys are getting them from the wrecker or did you both just get lucky and find aftermarket one at the wreckers

I have a long ranger tank. They are after market and 125 litres. Look up long ranger

Gday Mate,

I got lucky and found a aftermarket one at the wreckers for the right price. If I have to make a bracket for it then I am not to bothered as I saved a lot of money.

As for the capacity they didn't know. I will find this out and let you know when I get it installed and fill it up.

Cheers.

I purchased mine New and is s long ranger unit at a capacity of 125L. It is well built and to me was worth the $$$ that I purchased it for

This is where the bracket sits at the front of the tank----it is flanged at both sides and has a deliberate angle set into the pressed sheet metal----it would be easy to make BUT getting the design right will be tricky

good luck

DSCF7377.jpg

Thanks for the pic Gazza,

Long Range Automotive in Victoria have a secondary bracket that comes with there long range tanks. I have asked them if they can email me a pic of the bracket so I can see if it will fit mine.
If it is the correct bracket I'm hoping they will sell me one.

Cheers.

Well with absolutly no help and no responce from all the tank manufactures in Australia, except for Long Range Automotive in Victoria, I made my own bracket and the long range tank is in.
Was a fair bit of messing around but wasn't too difficult in the end.

Thanks for all the responces.

Back