lokka testing :)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random question. Did you find a performance gain with a 3" system. Been looking at fabbing my own once I get my mig welder. Was gonna go stainless but mild steel will be easier to repair if it cracks etc. I have a 2.5" pressed system but want a mandrel and larger. Was thinking of a 100cell cat and a tornado resonator just to take the incab drone out of it bit keep the barky note

I have noticed it cones on to boost a lot harder and a increase in torgue ur basically making boost on idle know i have found i would like to put a resanator in it but i dont want to lose the spool note ill post up a vid on how it sounds under load in 4L

i think i will stick to the Aluminized Mild Steel exhaust instead of stainless. i know that stainless lats longer but i would be risking cracking it on creek crossings and splitting welds from corrugations. Mil steel is easier to repair aswell.

I do like that note. I can suggest maybe look at the Tornado Resontors by Dragon Fire Performance( i think) and install one of these. They take most of the drone out but dont take the note away. i am gonna install one of these instead of a muffler.

Thanks

do the lokka's really work that well? hard to tell on the video whether slipping or not? I already have a rear air locker in mine but contenplateing air locker or lokka for front? if thier that good i guess thiers no point forking out the extra money for a front air locker.

Yea that day it was really dry and alot of loose gravel rocks and so forth and in the mud i find it wirks great as well

Hubs locked in and driving in 2H is normal u hear a slight clinking noise but that is all driving in 4H i wouldnt know i dont use it

Just wondering what sort of money the front lokka set you back as I can't find a price list anywhere... Cheers

Rebooting old stuff here but any issues with driving on bitumen?? i drive around the city a bit and have been told that they are limited on tight turn especially on bitumen, have you found this to be true or just scaremongering?? Have you or anyone found any issue with the install of an auto lokka? ie limted in sand driving, turnng circle, rubber wear etc etc
i had one priced at $570 delivered and am seriously thinking of one very soon.
Cheers Steve

Hey mate i can not honestly fault my lokka wat so ever when driving on bitumen ur hubs should be unlocked so the diff hisnt locked if ur driving across the road to get to more 4x4 its ok just dont make any real sharp turns or it will make a hell of a noise from the fron tyres
Down sides is in really bad sloppy mid it just wants to drive straght but can manage if ur very light on the throttle u can still turn as for sand carnt notice it at all hill climbs well let me tell u will climb anything u dare to climb like i said i love mine and carnt fault it i have had it in about 12montjs and love it u dont lose any steering that i have noticed just the steering is a little heavier i wpuld susgest putting a idler brace on as well espescally if u run 33s like my self jump on utube and type in d22 lokka test should be a white mav which is mine testing the lokka

yeah what yetti said, sand you cant really notice it, steering gets a little heavier in places at time but offroad ability increases 10 fold, no more pig hopping up hills, much more controlled when lifting wheels and the like.

i love mine and im glad i put it in!!

bryan

Latest posts

Back