Lock up torque converter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My manual reads the same, Pete. Thanks for passing that one on.

The answer: in ANY gear EXCEPT 5th, I cannot get my torque converter to lock up. I get the RPM up around 1,800-2,000 and ease back on the throttle and nothing changes. I let go of the accelerator and the rpm drops without the vehicle slowing appreciably. Press the accelerator and the rpm instantly rises without the vehicle accelerating much.

In 5th gear, you can actually see the rpm fall as the clutch engages and from that moment, variations in accelerator position are directly translated into changes in vehicle speed.

I wonder why I have two different versions unless Europe get a different setup in there trannies?

Here is the same page as Pete's but page out of my Euro spec edition.

Just to prove I'm not lying:sarcastic::hmmmm:

Attachments

• AT.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 63
It's definitely weird, I can confirm that mine doesn't lock the converter in 2nd and 3rd, so my Navara follows the table in Pete's manual (and mine). Mine is a Spanish build, July 2009 manufacture, Oct 2009 compliance.

I wonder if the lockup in 2nd and 3rd are only in 4L ?

Just went for a spin around the block and my 07 Spanish built STX is the same so then I went back to the two manuals I have and looked a bit closer and discovered that the European edition one I have is for a king cab but the Aussie edition is for a double cab so maybe the Thai built models get the 2nd and 3rd lock-up.

Some one with a king cab auto following this thread like to go for a drive and find out please?

Latest posts

Back