Location of Engine Revolution Sensor?!?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xvanity

Reaction score
Greetings again!

I was mentioning in a previous post that my tachometer is not working. A simple on-board diagnosis showed that it does not move at all, so for a long time I thought it may be broken. Recently the previous owner told me that he changed the harnesses and he installed ones from a car without tachometer :(. My hope was high again that maybe the stupid thing is ok after all and all I need to do is change the harnesses to the original ones.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them anywhere so I am trying to see if I can somehow bypass the harness and bring a direct connection from the engine revolution sensor to the harness and then to the tachometer. I checked the manual and it shows I need to check the voltage between those 2 pins, but the pins are missing from the harness, so I cannot see if there is any signal from the sensor or not.

The question is, where is that revolution sensor located? And, can I bring two wires from it, then install the two missing pins so that the gauge is connected?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374597349.124655.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

It's on the timing cover then. Front of the engine, you'll see a plate bolted on with a sensor on it.

I don't have a picture sorry, I'm not near my qd32 at the moment, but it's the only sensor on the timing cover if that helps? I'll get a picture the next time I stop by where it's stored.

I don't have a picture sorry, I'm not near my qd32 at the moment, but it's the only sensor on the timing cover if that helps? I'll get a picture the next time I stop by where it's stored.

Dion, I found it, thank you so much! Now this is what I discovered: the voltmeter shows that there is 1V coming from the sensor when the engine is idling and up to 5V when revving it, obviously I guess it could go higher but I didn't rev it more than that. About the harness, I read it wrong, it does have all the pins and everything is fine there. The voltmeter shows the same V variation on the pins also. Now, the tachometer is still dead. Checking the Ohms between its terminals, as shown in the manual, shows correct values, so I don't know where the problems is anymore. There is power from the sensor and there is power to the harness pins. There is correct resistance between the gauge's terminals, BUT there is no power there. Can the circuit body be blown or maybe a condensator or a transistor be broken?

I really appreciate your guys help and I am glad I joined this forum, not only for the assistance received from questions, but also because I learned so much from reading it inside and out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back