live axle d40 up and running

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done about 5000ks on it now just got back from two weeks on fraser island no problems just wish i had done it 5 years ago!so much smother out the bush than ifs and drives good on road will have some better photos soon.

Done about 5000ks on it now just got back from two weeks on fraser island no problems just wish i had done it 5 years ago!so much smother out the bush than ifs and drives good on road will have some better photos soon.
Sounds good,
cant wait for the photos.
How's the gearing now with the patrol diffs??

back to standard over all ratio its better than when i had the 265/75/16s on it with standard diffs about 2000rpm im doing ruffly 100klm

back to standard over all ratio its better than when i had the 265/75/16s on it with standard diffs about 2000rpm im doing ruffly 100klm

Perfect.

If your ever going out for a local run let me know, i would love to see it on some tracks.

Get Carie to give the Ok to post up a Price, so we can start saving.

yea we have to sit down and work it all out, iam open to offers on mine i would love to do a 550
although i think i would single and home less if i did it all again

thanks for the Bump Nath

very good read

Wait to you see it in a few weeks then Raf.
Beno was just saying in the other thread its about to go in tomorrow to get rid of the leafs and coils put on and some lockers,
The thing will be an absolute weapon.

Nath, Did they ever get back to you about the pricing of this conversion?

I have spoke to Kari from "Seldom Seen" at his work shop and we did run through the many options i had to choose from in doing the job, like keeping the leafs in the rear, final heights, shocks, coils, weather its locked ect so with so many variables its best to talk to them and between you guys you can figure out exactly what YOU want and then he will know how to price the job.
Sorry i cant be more help, but i just think its a bit unfair of ME if i were to blurt out figures on his behalf if you know what i mean.

I have spoke to Kari from "Seldom Seen" at his work shop and we did run through the many options i had to choose from in doing the job, like keeping the leafs in the rear, final heights, shocks, coils, weather its locked ect so with so many variables its best to talk to them and between you guys you can figure out exactly what YOU want and then he will know how to price the job.
Sorry i cant be more help, but i just think its a bit unfair of ME if i were to blurt out figures on his behalf if you know what i mean.

Nath
are you going SAS as well?

if you are, if you do not mind sharing how you will do it - you know that me and Wok planning to SAS my d22 and we are on the drawing board

I just want second comments and other ideas so I can decide what parts to get.

at the moment we are planning a GQ gears - just need to know more where to cut and weld for mounting points and what else needs changing.

BR
Raf

Nath
are you going SAS as well?

if you are, if you do not mind sharing how you will do it - you know that me and Wok planning to SAS my d22 and we are on the drawing board

I just want second comments and other ideas so I can decide what parts to get.

at the moment we are planning a GQ gears - just need to know more where to cut and weld for mounting points and what else needs changing.

BR
Raf

To be honest mate i was looking into it a little more with my last D40 but figured i just dont keep my utes long enough due to them really being more for my work then play.
I Put 100k on my last one in less the 18months so for me to do it i will have to decide to keep one and buy a new work horse, that way im not putting a million km on a vehicle i want to keep long term, Which IMO you would have to do to make spending the coin on the conversion worth while.

Raf you could always talk to "JOSHY" about the D22 as it is a different kettle of fish to the D40 and he knows those things inside out.
Before he went totally crazy with his one and turned it into a purely comp style truck he did start out just like you and only wanted a solid axle D22 that was legal.
I think if you go through his build thread you will see where and when it started and also he posted allot of pics both from the original chop to the AHH FARK IT im going to go crazy with it stage.

The other thing you could talk to the guys at Seldom Seen and see if they can offer you any advice.
After talking to Wokss personally i think your on the right track with getting all the GQ stuff from Noel, but it is a massive job any way you look at it, and i dont think you will be able to really do much until you get it up in the air and chop all the IFS stuff out, then physically roll the GQ stuff in and start measuring shit up. That is the scary part having the confidence to know that you will get it all to work and not be left with a farked chassis.

Joshy is a pretty cool guy mate and if you can get a hold of him his advice will be invaluable to you.

Raf if you look at "Joshy's" thread from around page 16 is where he starts his conversion BUT he gets GU diffs not GQ, im not sure if its just what he found or if they are what you will have to run to make it work,
Anyway have a read here
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=121&page=16

To be honest mate i was looking into it a little more with my last D40 but figured i just dont keep my utes long enough due to them really being more for my work then play.
I Put 100k on my last one in less the 18months so for me to do it i will have to decide to keep one and buy a new work horse, that way im not putting a million km on a vehicle i want to keep long term, Which IMO you would have to do to make spending the coin on the conversion worth while.

Raf you could always talk to "JOSHY" about the D22 as it is a different kettle of fish to the D40 and he knows those things inside out.
Before he went totally crazy with his one and turned it into a purely comp style truck he did start out just like you and only wanted a solid axle D22 that was legal.
I think if you go through his build thread you will see where and when it started and also he posted allot of pics both from the original chop to the AHH FARK IT im going to go crazy with it stage.

The other thing you could talk to the guys at Seldom Seen and see if they can offer you any advice.
After talking to Wokss personally i think your on the right track with getting all the GQ stuff from Noel, but it is a massive job any way you look at it, and i dont think you will be able to really do much until you get it up in the air and chop all the IFS stuff out, then physically roll the GQ stuff in and start measuring shit up. That is the scary part having the confidence to know that you will get it all to work and not be left with a farked chassis.

Joshy is a pretty cool guy mate and if you can get a hold of him his advice will be invaluable to you.

Yeh I have some Pms with Joshy already - and I found out that he is based in Dubbo - not far away from our farm up in wellington - so might organize a trip one day and check it out.

I will re-read the whole thread again and see what he actually done to his d22 - I am planning to keep the d22 for long anway because of the shape and mrs will have another run around car in next few months

Beno

What suspension you running? after market or Patrol standards?

just wondering if a GQ aftermarket will suit a D22 SAS

thanks

BR
Raf

Beno

What suspension you running? after market or Patrol standards?

just wondering if a GQ aftermarket will suit a D22 SAS

thanks

BR
Raf
Hi mate running 12'' coil overs in the front and 5'' patrol rear springs you should not have a problem running patrol coils and shocks.

Hi mate running 12'' coil overs in the front and 5'' patrol rear springs you should not have a problem running patrol coils and shocks.

We're planning to run it on Stock GQ suspension then upgrade later on

my question is, will the aftermarket GQ 50mm lift kit be too stiff for the setup?

Beno, how about an update now you have done the rear end as well, a few sneaky pics without giving away the secrets.
I know when i last saw it at "SOT" it was looking awesome.

Latest posts

Back