Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daz

Reaction score
Hi, my 2012 stx550 V9X developed a intermittent loss of power resulting in limp mode. This went on for nearly two year with many visits to Nissan. Most of the time it happened there were no engine fault light just limp mode. Some of the codes it did log related to boost (I will find out the code numbers and post at a later date). I have had nearly every story told to me from driving with two feet to leaking inter cooler hoses. Nissan have replace the inter cooler, erg, boost sender, air flow senser, computer remapped etc.. How I describe the fault is like the lag before kick back gear change the pedal goes down but now power just limp mode. Thing is it would come and go, sometimes for up to three months. The last time this happened we were travelling home from Easter holidays, been travelling for about two hours sitting on 100 cruising around 1600 rpm, put the foot down to maintain speed but nothing only limp mode again. Limped the rest of the way home, unpacked, kicked the tyres had a look under the bonnet found nothing. I took it for a drive, it had no boost power(not in limp mode). Back home, up with the bonnet again with motor still going,off with the vacuum hoses to the turbo to check suction,suspected control valve maybe. Plenty of suction prior to valve, little after ( thought not calling for boost in park) so back on with the tubes, off for drive again. Full power restored, suspicion split tube. Result is that theres a plastic tube reducer in line just out of the vacuum control valve, it Leaked when I tested it . I have fixed it by placing a heat shrink tube over the area to seal it. Early days but so far (touch wood) going strong.

Where is the vacuum control valve? Is that the same as the suction control valve? I have the same issue with the limo mode and for the live of me can't find y.

Unfortunately it can be a bit of a blind hunt if you don't get a ECU code that points you in the right direction.

Hi Watson333, the valve is mounted to the firewall it may be call the suction valve.

Unfortunately when it did have ECU codes it lead to the fault not the cause.

Latest posts

Back