k&n navara air filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
Hi ,this is my first post and I am wanting to know if there is a k&n air filter [or equal] available for a 2009 d22 STR ?
HOPE YOU CAN HELP,THANKS .

gday Ian.
when i went looking for a reusable air filter for my 20004 Navara all i could find that was out there to suit was a Unifilter for the Navara's. they didnt make a K&N at that time .the Unifilter has been great and works a treat and very easy to wash,clean & re-oil,cheer.s

for a diesel i would not bother. they let to much dust through.
if you want higher flow change the whole housing.
someone did a swap with a 80 series landcruiser housing which apparently works quite well.

for a diesel i would not bother. they let to much dust through.

While I agree you shouldn't bother, the bit about letting too much dust through is garbage. If they let dust through, then every dirtbike I have owned that used oiled filters would have destroyed itself within a few short rides at best, rather than still been in perfect nick when I sold each one after a few years.

The reason you shouldn't on a diesel is that the oil builds up on the air flow sensor which is behind the airbox. Also, I think that they involve far to much maintenance that people don't do which will end up in poor airflow or poor filtration.

While I agree you shouldn't bother, the bit about letting too much dust through is garbage. If they let dust through, then every dirtbike I have owned that used oiled filters would have destroyed itself within a few short rides at best, rather than still been in perfect nick when I sold each one after a few years.

The reason you shouldn't on a diesel is that the oil builds up on the air flow sensor which is behind the airbox. Also, I think that they involve far to much maintenance that people don't do which will end up in poor airflow or poor filtration.

nah mate, ya missed the point by a mile.

overdoing the oiling can foul the MAF otherwise the oil is not a big problem.
the problem with diesels compared to your dirt bike is the huge volume of air they use. diesel use large amounts of air compared to a petrol and then your comparing a dirt bike that gets minor use to a daily driver.

the filters don't let big chunks of dirt through, its just very fine dust that gets through. a lot of it gets mix with the oil via the breather and forms sludge in the intake.

I ordered one through Bursons and picked it up on Saturday - but it's the wrong bloody one!!! Taking it back for an exchange.

My Nav is soon to be 'retired' from being a daily driver so hopefully I won't have too many issues with the daily use aspect - and I am fairly particular about vehicle maintenance.

Last edited:
Went back to Bursons - correct filter ordered. They charged me $150-00 for the wrong filter (Nissan Frontier). I checked the Western Filters website and they do a Navara filter for $95-00. Bursons have charged me $80-00 to soften the blow for their error.
I figure that $80-00 is well spent when a Ryco filter from supercheap costs about $25-00.

Hi ,this is my first post and I am wanting to know if there is a k&n air filter [or equal] available for a 2009 d22 STR ?
HOPE YOU CAN HELP,THANKS .

Hey Ian - check out this website - Air Filters, Oil Filters, Fuel Filters & Filter Cleaning Services - Western Filters offers a range of Filter products for comprehensive coverage for on-highway, off-highway, construction, agricultural, industrial, genset, lift trucks and marine equip

The part number for the D40 2.5ltr is the same as the part number for the
D22 3ltr - and the dimensions are the same - so you might get lucky with them.

Which K&N filter suits a 2011 D22, I have come across two part no's, E 2020 and E 9251.
They both have similar sizes in comparison but which one suits?
Anyone got a K&N in their late model D22?

Tony

I'm pretty sure its the 2020 I am at the tip at the moment so can't check for you, but I'm pretty certain. The 9251 is for the Toyota hi ace or something like that.

Latest posts

Back