K&N Air filter on 2011 D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TONY'S D40 st

Reaction score
Im just about to buy a K&N air filter for my 2011 Navara D40 but I'm a little hesitant about it as I've heard a few negative things about the K&N filters on the D40. Apparently there's some issue with the filters clogging up the air flow meter, is this true? Can anyone clarify this for me please... What is everyone's opinion on K&N vs Stock air filter??

Opinions vary as they do with all products but if you decide to go ahead do a search for K&N filters, there was a member on here recently offering members a good price. No idea if the prices are good but the offer was there.

For me genuine ones at $17 blown out every10K and cleaned every 30 or 40K is good enough but each to their own.

I've read oiled filters can cause premature MAF sensor failure.

With the amount of red desert dust that went straight through the factory Thai filter on my King cab I had no alternative but to run one.

It happens with any AFM car, if you over oil it, it can be damaging, in most cases the small performance increase isnt worth the potential damage created. If you are going to use one, lightly oil it and check it regularly

Back