Just on 4 inches of lift from stock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson25

Reaction score
Hey gents,

I have a 2012 D40, Just thought I would share, I had a 2" lift fitted about 5 months ago which I wasn't happy with as I didn't even get near the 2" anyway.
So I have added blocks in the rear and strut spacers up front as well as extended upper ball joints to stop the UCA's contacting the top of the strut. The top of the strut hat has also been "notched" to allow a bit of extra breathing space.

Final measurements are 585mm up front and 595mm at the rear.
Still running factory tyres. The camber is slightly out as there is no adjustment left unless I get new UCA's.

Will try and put some pics up when I can.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 254
This was what it looked liked before the extended ball joints were fitted, every bump I went over it would bang. I couldn't even drive over a speed hump without slowing right down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 202
You can also use offset lower control arm bushes to get the camber right. they come in 2 sizes of offset. super pro or nolathane make them for around $200
. may be cheaper now you have already done the extended ball joins.

looks good. what size and brand spacer did you use front and back?

Front strut spacers are 2" just eBay ones.
rear blocks are 1 1/4 inch with extended U bolts from Cal offroad.

Thanks mate might look into the bushes.

Penrith wholesale suspension has done all the work, they sourced them from Brisbane.

Nice update mate
When you getting new shoes for the d40?

Hopefully sooner rather than later!

I ripped the bottom bushing out of the drivers side shock at Yalwal... They replaced both fronts under warranty... Top shop Penrith wholesale!

Hi ,have you got a part number for the extended upper ball joints and where did you buy them from, cheers

Latest posts

Back