Jason's Silver Bullet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, all booked in to get Mickey Thompson 265/75R16's 4 Rib Baja ATZ's on Saturday morning at 8.00am, very excited!

Rang a few places, best price I could get was $315 inc F&B.

Mickey T's are a pretty good tyre, there not as hard rubber as Coopers though.

Dave.

None of the Cooper tread patterns really appealed to me except for the STT's, the tread blocks on the 4 ribs were massive, I think they are one of the most aggressive AT's on the market which is what I was after.

Looking forward to seeing how they look on your Nav Jason!

One question, were the original tyres worn out or did you just want new ones? Just wondering how long the standard Bridgestones D693's will last, I've done 20k and they hardly look worn so far.

Well I've only gotten 38thou out of mine and i reckon they were past the wear markers about 5k ago! ha ha let me know what they look like jason as I was thinking about them also so will be good to hear you feedback on noise and traction etc.

Yeah I should have some pics up tomorrow morning.

I'm changing them because I wanted a more aggressive tread pattern for wheelin. Mine are pretty worn after 26,000k's plus the rears were over-inflated by a dealer and have worn pretty bad in the centre.

Old stock tyres, after 26,000 k's

IMG_4719Large.jpg

IMG_4723Large.jpg

IMG_4721Large.jpg

Hey mate just wondering how the tires are going??? have you had them in the mud yet to see how they go??? I am about to buy some mickey thompson's for mine (sick of getting pulled out by my mates wrangler) but want to know if you have had any issues with them scrubbing at all with the 2inch lift.

Just got back from Landcrusier and the tyres were great, no scrubbing at all and no chips or cuts after two trips up Telecom Hill, it has a lot of sharp rocks.

Might look at doing that Dave.

Yeah it knocks once on shutdown, not loudly though. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about yet.

i put a plastic cover on the bolt. I grabbed a pack from bunnings, 13mm or something i think, they use them for chair legs etc. hasn't worn through of anything. cost next to nothing and stops the metal on metal noise and more important to me rubbing away on muffler pipe

Latest posts

Back