Intercoolers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbykemp39

Reaction score
Looking at replacing my top mount intercooler on my nav, can I change my front mount into an intercooler as well or is it one or the other ?

I think you're getting confused mate. D22's will come factory with a top mount, D40's come factory with a front mount. You can do away with your top mount and covert it to front mount.

If you go to the great lengths of somehow converting it to BOTH, it's a huge waste of time and money for no real gain at all.

But yes, you can covert to a front mount.

Cheers mate, looking back on my thread that I posted, I got the locations confused of the intercoolers, but thanks for the advice mate I'll just change the top mount to an aftermarket intercooler.

Cheers mate, looking back on my thread that I posted, I got the locations confused of the intercoolers, but thanks for the advice mate I'll just change the top mount to an aftermarket intercooler.

That's the other option, upgrade the factory cooler (top mount) to a better one. But seriously, exhaust, EGR blank and catch can could be done for less $$$'s and more engine / throttle response than upgrading a cooler on a bog stock D22.

Just my opinion! I have done a heap to my D40 Navara and it still runs the factory cooler. Just can't justify the $1500 - $2000 for an aftermarket cooler with piping when the factory front mount does what it needs to.

That's the other option, upgrade the factory cooler (top mount) to a better one. But seriously, exhaust, EGR blank and catch can could be done for less $$$'s and more engine / throttle response than upgrading a cooler on a bog stock D22.

Just my opinion! I have done a heap to my D40 Navara and it still runs the factory cooler. Just can't justify the $1500 - $2000 for an aftermarket cooler with piping when the factory front mount does what it needs to.

Depends.... The stock intercoolers have a bad habit of leaking around the crimped edges when running higher than stock boost. Even at stock boost levels, when the rpm gets over about 3500 you can hear them leaking quite a bit of boost. As you said though, replacing it is quite expensive, for not a lot of gain, but they are slightly more efficient when they're not leaking... Plus I don't know if I'd like to have it go underwater knowing that risk is there....

Diesel gas. LOL

Gas is really an awesome thing. Chills engines and air intakes to a better level. Wanting to do it my d40 but having troble finding someone do it. then there is the cost

Latest posts

Back