Insurance claims and un-Engineered bits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD D40

Reaction score
Was at AAMI today getting my rig assessed for some previous damage though Id ask the question.
If you are running unengineered pieces such as coil spacers would you get denied?
Simple answer NO as long as that part is not the cause of the crash / claim then it will not be an issue.
Thats coming from the assessors mouth, thought it may be of some interest to you lot.

But parts like spacers dont need engineering anyway as far as I know.
I asked the same thing with mine and was told if I was running parts that required engineering then they could in fact deny the claim as the truck wasnt legally registered.
I am with GIO and just the fact I am running modded suspension raised my excess to $700 from $600.
I asked why is that if the suspension isnt at fault and was told its because the new components would cost more to repair. I said you are joking arent you, genuine parts are 4 times the cost.
Doesnt matter was told and could tell I wasnt going to win so just let it go .

A lot will come down to what each state regulates as what is required. In the ACT anything like suspension arms wheels etc that arent factory are engineered. Springs and shocks etc are fine as long as they arent adjustable height coilovers.
Our rego norbs are anal about the rules

Each claim is different (just ask flood damaged home owners) but yeah the general rule is if the accident wasn't caused by the un-engineered part it wont be an issue. They are within their right to prove whatever they can but they shouldn't knock something back just because of one unrelated part.

Latest posts

Back