Injectors?? YD25 D22 jerking and white smoke under load.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vave

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been having some trouble with my 08 D22 STR for a while now.
Nissan have been unable to find anything....

However, it is easy to replicate at any time.
I have logged the ECU using a Innovate LM2 and it doesnt show any unusual sensor behaviour at the time of the jerk.

Basically, in any gear other than second or reverse (gearing related), when approx 50% throttle is put in with <3000 rpm the car can easily be made to "jerk" or hesitate, with a ploom of white smoke.

It has around 150000kms on it now, original injectors.
I have replaced the MAF not long ago due to another issue, but this one existed prior to this change.

Any ideas?
Has anyone replaced their own? Ie: did you adjust injector learn with CONSULT III or 4??

Nissan have previously told me this change would be $3 to 4 k.
I have found injectors refurbed for around $340AU, and Consult III / 4 is around 600 to 700AU. so the way I see it is a good excuse to get a consult... asuming it is practical to complete myself.

Does anyone know what the part number for the D22 YD25 injectors are?
I have heard they are different to the D40.

Yep. Both with and without..
That was the first thing i thought.

Can baby it along without it doing it, its only a load related thing I believe, which is why I am thinking injectors. This is based on not seeing any significant changes in fuel rail pressure.

have you tried blocking the egr ?
maybe its getting a gutfull of shitty egr air under load ??
just a thought

This is one of the best formulated questions I have seen on this forum. Shattered I can't help out. Well done for doing your research before posting. :cheers!:

Thanks Dion....

the EGR is blocked also. has been for a a year or so.

To clarify the hesitation or Jerking, it behaves as if a knocking or lcokup of one cylinder which rectifies immediately, along with the smoke.

Other than this, the engine prior to this occuring feels sluggish.
Note somedays it doesnt sem to happen, and injector cleaner has seemed to fix it once or twice.

Suspected contaminated fuel, however no water etc in fuel, and always use either BP or Caltex.

Would appreciate whether any other people have experienced similar issues.
Nissan dealer has no idea, and Im not about to be bitten again. Been got before on intercooler replacement.

As stated, no sensors seem to be failing at the time.
I actually used a number of OBDII readers, however the Innovate LM2 is way ahead of the others as far as sampling rate.
Much finer resolution for those that are interested.

Also no MIL logged.

Has anyone here got Consult III or 4???

Unable to fault it doing the NPS test as per the thread on here.

it is not like a surging, but a definate knocking.

UPDATE:

Disconnected NPS... and fault disappears.

FYI - the NPS test on here appears to be not 100% accurate.
The test didnt indicate a faulty switch. I riggled shifter etc without fault. But with switch disconnected, no drama.

Looks like im visiting Nissan for a NPS tomorrow.

Hi Wave

Had a similar problem with my QD32 and went to a 'diesel guy' (mate) and he said the wires going into the bottom of the fuel filter (the water detect switch) get loose and suck air causing this problem.
He fixed it by putting 5 minute araldite around wires at the base of the fuel filter.
Might be worth a try before outlaying your hard earned...

Alan

Not sure if same problem as yours but I have a chip in mine and on the weekend whilst towing my caravan up hill my Navara flatspotted and went into limp mode . I was able to get going again by turning off engine then starting it up again i too tested it when i got home with my Scan tool but no fault codes logged .I have been in touch with the chip company and have been advised to do a mod on the fuel limiter as the limiter spring has been known to weaken and cause problems like this. I'm doing it this weekend and will post how i go with it. Hope that helps you.
Muzza

Latest posts

Back