Howdy Navara Lovers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks for including me.
I purchased a 2014 D40 Navara Platinum dual cab. Had about 315K Km's on it when I bought it.
Was all running well and no leaks or problems. Well, until now that is.
The problem is with the cruise control. At times, it will not turn on at all. However, sometimes after driving for a couple of hours, it can be turned on. But this is not all of the time. When it does turn on, often the speed value flashes and it will not permit you to engage it. At other times (rarely) it will permit you to set it and it will work.
Need a starting point for identifying the fault. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome aboard.

The most common cause of this sort of thing is the ribbon cable inside the clock spring in the steering wheel.

It can be tested with a multimeter (once removed, of course). Care must be taken with the airbag. If faulty, you could try replacing just the ribbon (a fiddly job) or buy a whole replacement unit:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193842372225

Thanks for including me.
I purchased a 2014 D40 Navara Platinum dual cab. Had about 315K Km's on it when I bought it.
Was all running well and no leaks or problems. Well, until now that is.
The problem is with the cruise control. At times, it will not turn on at all. However, sometimes after driving for a couple of hours, it can be turned on. But this is not all of the time. When it does turn on, often the speed value flashes and it will not permit you to engage it. At other times (rarely) it will permit you to set it and it will work.
Need a starting point for identifying the fault. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
When you say it won't turn on do you mean it won't set? A common problem with the d40 is the CC will turn on in that you can activate it but it won't set when you get to the desired speed.

If that's your problem then it's nearly always the NPS (neural position switch) on the side of the gearbox just below the gear stick.

When you say it won't turn on do you mean it won't set? A common problem with the d40 is the CC will turn on in that you can activate it but it won't set when you get to the desired speed.

If that's your problem then it's nearly always the NPS (neural position switch) on the side of the gearbox just below the gear stick.
At first it wouldn't activate when pressing the button on the steering wheel. After that it became intermittent and when it would activate, there were times it wouldn't set. Just display the cruise control on the dash with the value field flashing. Regardless, now it just doesn't activate at all anymore.

Latest posts

Back