How to increase idle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyh

Reaction score
If have just used the heat exchanger from my egr pipe to run a camp shower, after I blanked it off.
I am wondering if there is an easy way to increase rpm to about 2000 to increase engine warm up to start heating the water quicker, without having to drive the car or sit with your foot on the pedal?

The earlier (05-09) euro models have a warm up switch on the dash which increases the RPM for winter starting.

From what I can tell in my euro workshop manual it is connected between the ignition (on position: eg ignition lights on) and pin 13 of the ECM so in theory by finding pin 13 on the ECM and connecting it to a switched power feed you should be able to have the same effect.
My Aussie workshop manual doesn't show pin 13 being used and I'm guessing because it's not an option down under.

I was about to say my D22 has a switch to do just that you use it for cold mornings it increases the idle so the heaters warm up faster. interestingly once you put it into gear the idle automatically drops back to standard setting.

04silverstr fitted a manual cable adjuster to his d22 pedal, could it be retro-fitted to a d40 at all?

My d22 is fly by wire also I'm not sure how its connected to the car but I am guessing that it just triggers a code in the ecu much the same as my cruise control.

The D40 is fly by wire so you would have to rig it somehow to push down on the pedal

I think his d22 was also. The cable attached to the pedal and then to a knob, to tension it. Pulling the knob to desired spot gave revs.

I hope that makes sense?

I wold look to see if this is an option on the euro model's where its cold if it is you would find most of the components necessary would probably already be fitted. you could just need to buy the correct switch and plug it in to the right wire, its worth a little research anyway.

Back