hogging the questions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
sorry guy's i have been hogging asking to many questions lately not letting anyone else ask questions, but can i ask 1 more.

theory and parictical in driving, i have been off road a half dozen times on sand mainly nothing really and what i see there are a lot of people in the forum willing to help.

going out a few run on rock to mundaring powerlins, harvey and collie and up to lancelin massive sand dunes in WA.

can anyone tell me gears to use when to go Hi or Low,
how to drive with care pointing and momentum
anything else would help, allways good to learn

Best tip, go with someone who knows what they're doing. It very hard to put into your car what you read. Take it slow and use the torque of the motor not the power.

Tyre pressures, especially on the dunes, actually every where else too lower pressure will help with not only better traction but on the rocky stuff ect with punctures.

Steep descents general rule is, use 1st low range and let the engine do the braking.

I tend to use 2ND gear low allot on steep climbs but it all depends on allot of factors, surface, pitch, how much momentum is needed ect,

Like Fatboy said if you can go with someone with experience that will be invaluable in what to do and when to do it.

I also read somewhere you have a D40, do you have bash plates??
If not get some before you go, the D40 has a few spots that are vulnerable to damage, if you hit a sand dune with enough momentum you can and it has happened to heaps of people smash your intercooler and radiator which needless to say will put an end to things real quick.
Also its just great piece of mind knowing your transfer case and sump ect has a bit of protection in other sorts of terrain as well.

Good luck and have fun,
Regards,
Nathan.

Latest posts

Back