Highest km's on a Navara clutch and wear and tear parts.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

This is D40, D22, D21. Oh and WD21's and R50 Pathfinders and R51 Pathfinders incase some Pathy owners are on here.

Mine is still on the original clutch, injectors, injector pump, turbo etc.

Rear drum shoes are original, front pads lasted to 160,000km's.

241,000km's so far.

Just wondering how others are going.

85,000km original pads all round. Original clutch.
Nothing ever been changed. Not even belts yet. Only serviceable items.

I bought D22 STR ZD30 new from Glosters NISSAN in march 2006, and had it for just under five years, 2 payments before i had paid it off it went for a swim, water came up to the dash. :banghead:
Needless to say it didnt handle that very well and was written off.

When i said good bye to the best ute i had owned it had 373'000km on the clock, and was stock as a rock. Clutch, brakes, shocks(although f$#4ed) the lot

In that time the only thing i had to do to it was,( other then service every 10k with mostly nissan oil, filters ect)
* disconnect the NPS
* put small 8mm bolts back into the turbo that had fallen out
* replace silicone turbo hoses

Believe it or not that was it!!
unbelievable i know but true.

Admittedly i do a hell of allot of freeway km, but either way that is AWESOME in anybodies language.

The thing still had original brakes, clutch, injectors everything.

I did have a moment at 210'000km with no snorkel (i put one on after but it was a bit late) where it did get a very small amount of water into the engine.

It did start to use a little water after that due to what im sure was a crack in the head. Totally 100% my fault!! not a manufacture prob at all.

With stuff all cash at the time to fix it, i put a bottle of "SEAL UP" in it hoping it would get me out of trouble.

Well that crap worked so well i never touched it again, it never ran any worse and never used a drop of water again. Untill i forced it to drink half of a small lake at Tomora NSW. :sarcastic:

Last edited:
My D40 is only 9 months old but has 47,000km and all is well.
Stock clutch, brakes ect and so it should be really.

Any high km D40's here ?

Be good to hear whats been done to them.

Nice write up Nath.

My D21 Z24 is a spritely 416,000km :rock: It's just had new shocks all round and will be getting new leaf springs soon. I replaced the vinyl canopy with a fiberglass job. The engine is tired and unspectacular but it still chuggs along and hopefully will do for some time yet.

320k.
The td27 has just had another turbo put on it, but everything else is the same. New alternator about 5,000 ago as it carked it.
Shocks have been replaced at some point (shows the receipt somewhere in the glove box).
Needs a glow warmer, a couple of pipes here and there, that's about it. Interior is relatively ok for it's age and k's, a couple of small tears.

When I came to doing the first service, I pulled off the oil filter and it was a genuine Nissan part. For a brief second, I thought, please don't tell me it hasn't changed the filter since it left Nissan's hands...

Unfortunately, they just don't make cars like they used to.

d40, 42,000kms, replaced one front wheel bearing, still got another 10,000kms in front brake pads, steering rack bushes are flogged out, rear lsd was pulled out at about 15k and replaced with a air locker because it was useless from new, tyres are a little tired after 35,000kms. all i can think of right now but it gets a bit of a hard time and does allot of off road work

I have a D40 2008 owned it from new and only changed the plates on the clutch, I have 125k on the clock and its not running as smooth as i would have hoped at this mileage. Have had it from brand new and when it idle's its rough as guts, blows a heap of smoke. Has anyone else had this problem?

I was being serious this time Dave.

Nope, only diesel goes through my injector pump.

Quality diesel at that, I never buy fuel for the price.

Only truck stops, if there is bad fuel its blasted over the UHF.

Word travels fast.

Thai built 08 D22, 60k.
Nissan replaced the injectors out of warranty at labour cost to me (550).
EGR mod and i get 700km to the tank around town.
Sometimes as low as 9.3/100!

D40 2006 197000km

original clutch...somehow!!
orignal drums last checked at 160k
front pads replaced at 130k's
rotors bout 1mm worn
original injectors, pump
orignal shocks and leafs >> front springs replaced at 180k's due to the recall (sagged bout 1.5")
services every 10k's penrite
paint still excellent no white fades (paint protection purchased)
no engine mods besides snorkel and kn filter
ABS light was dash lighting at 160ks then stopped

inner boot was fully missing at 180k's assumed MIA out bush not sure how long for -_- other boots still look good

Nope, only diesel goes through my injector pump.

Quality diesel at that, I never buy fuel for the price.

Only truck stops, if there is bad fuel its blasted over the UHF.

Word travels fast.

so truck stops diesel is better quality?? or its beneficial because its blasted via uhf quickly for bad diesel?

My father just commented the other day about his 98 model D22 with a 3.2L non-turbo engine. He said he couldn't believe it was still on original clutch at 300,000 clicks. It has done plenty of hard work in its time and towed many heavy loads. He has replaced several other parts - most recently starter motor but nothing major engine wise (touch wood)! I went for a drive in it in the weekend and its running smooth as!!

Last edited:
so truck stops diesel is better quality?? or its beneficial because its blasted via uhf quickly for bad diesel?

Bad word spreads quick. You'll hear about over the UHF.

My father just commented the other day about his 98 model D21 with a 3.2L non-turbo engine. He said he couldn't believe it was still on original clutch at 300,000 clicks. It has done plenty of hard work in its time and towed many heavy loads. He has replaced several other parts - most recently starter motor but nothing major engine wise (touch wood)! I went for a drive in it in the weekend and its running smooth as!!

Dion's QD32 in his D21 has 370,000km's on it.

Original as far as I know.

Oh and QD32's were D22 Series 1 only in Australia.

Latest posts

Back