high flow or upgrade turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lawry, someone on here had a post on a Mike Vine turbo they had fitted, sounded like what your after.

Forefront keep us up to date on the other turbos your developing ,they sound interesting. The guys on the Patrol forum might be intersted too, though they run different turbos.

yer the mike vine turbos seem sweet, however they are so expensive, if he would just sell me the turbo/ fittings then i may consider it but otherwise way to much.

yer the mike vine turbos seem sweet, however they are so expensive, if he would just sell me the turbo/ fittings then i may consider it but otherwise way to much.

I got the mike vine turbo fitted three weeks ago. Its friggin sweet. It pulls so much harder. The quality of workmanship is absolutely outstanding, and he's a pretty nice bloke as well.

Bare with me lawry ill see what i can do for te stage 2 same size rear and larger front .... There are other little tricks to make rear flow more also

how are these turbos going, any good reviews????
anyone tried these with a chip?

Workin on them.... Drove one today.... Interesting power delivery very different to zd30

As 180 has asked. I understand that the yd25 comes on earlier naturally cause of its turbo setup. I would imagine a upgraded one would be even earlier? Around the 1000rpm mark but hitting peak boost even earlier of say 2000rpm? This could be much welcomed upgrade for this motor. I would just need to sort out a new intercooler to take some temps off the turbo.

Rusty

yea a YD25 with peak torque from 1000rpm would be awesome cause I could be imagining shit but I am certain they have more go then the ZD30.

I thought the high flow was done through another company and Mike Vine put in a ball bearing Garret turbo in place of the crap Hitachi unit we have.

Can you elaborate a bit more on that statement? different how?

the yd25 felt like a non turbo....the boost delivery was progressive and smooth i didnt feel it kick in at all....where as the zd30 (now) will have nothing then kick you in the back really hard all the way through.. it may have been an illusion of more power like driving a powerful v8 compared to a not as powerful skyline . PS the d40 did have 33's but also had chip and 3" exhaust

As 180 has asked. I understand that the yd25 comes on earlier naturally cause of its turbo setup. I would imagine a upgraded one would be even earlier? Around the 1000rpm mark but hitting peak boost even earlier of say 2000rpm? This could be much welcomed upgrade for this motor. I would just need to sort out a new intercooler to take some temps off the turbo.

Rusty

i was thinking for the yd25 of rather than making it come on earlier maybe leave it the same and make the air delivery greater...cause i thought it drove quite well.....but open to debate for sure
the air coming from the turbo is meant to be cooler anyway....as the wheel is working less hard to make the same boost compared to the old one.

IS this high flow/ turbo upgrate D22 only or can this same mik vines special be used for a d40 stx

2 different conversations going here sorry

Did someone say there was a vid of this turbo working? Is it possible to get the link to it? Im looking at this upgrade very seriously as Im over the low down lag on my engine!

+1
also has anyone got a video of this turbo with an exhaust, eg straight through?
im interested in this, but would like an even bigger compressor wheel, not by much though, what would the compressor wheel be equivalent to in diameter? eg a Gt25 etc?

I have vids of it on dyno what did you want to hear it see? Cant hear much but fan and rollers

Hi lawry unfortunately the small upgrade in compressor wheel is all thats possible.... I asked for bigger but the engineer said it wasnt possible .... Ill keep working on it to try and have a turbo for the guys with heaps of mods but still direct fit

*****FOR LAWRY AND OTHERS ASKING *****

we are now looking to make a bigger one than this one.....keep this for daily drivers looking for more drive ability with new wheel designs....and do another one for those going for more power

Last edited:
Im still working on them.... I think i have something organised but unfortunately with more work the price went up.... I want to see i ball bearing is achievable as well

Back