high country

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ate83

Reaction score
Heading up to the Victorian high country over cup weekend. Starting at woods point to wonangatta and up king billy to bright.
Running a d22 lifted with 33 procomp extreme all terrains. Ive got a good swag and sleeping bag and four other experienced drivers for company.
Anyone got some good advice or recommendations for the trip, im a little nervous because ive only ever done day trips before.
Ill take a heap of pics and try to post them in here when i get back.
Wish me luck.

We chase sambar deer right near woods point, with summer coming the creepy crawlies are coming out!
we spilled a couple liters of water onto the ground one night and within a square meter.. I S#!t you not, there were a bunch of massive bullants, a centipede and a leach! so keep your water off the ground!

I rekon you should have a GPS and get the local rooftop map

If you're up for a challenge and it hasn't rained to much by then, check out "red hill" and '3 chain track'

lastly, enjoy mate!

Mate take a good sized chain saw with you, and a decent sleeping bag with a camp stretcher to keep you off the ground. Also if its going to be wet a second pair of boots would be good. Last thing a headlamp and toilet paper, most important.
Pauly

The tracks will have just opened up so there will be heaps of 4bys doing those tracks so you will have plenty of company and the tracks will have been cleared. Watch for motorbikes. Good recovery gear is essential, and make sure your snorkel is sealed up as there are some rivers to cross. For the sake of a few $$ take a spare air filter just in case you suck some water into the snorkel.

Most of all enjoy it mate -some great tracks to drive, take your time, and with 4 experienced lads to help out you will be grinning.

I'm glad someone suggested the toilet paper. Make sure you have a couple of rolls in plastic bags stashed away in water tight places.

Otherwise, do a search on recommendations in previous threads and just start collecting the bits and bobs that can be handy to get you out of minor situations.

Latest posts

Back