HID high beam not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock200

Reaction score
I installed a h4 hi/lo HID kit into my d22 and it worked great. I then had a problem with the relay and got it replaced. I have re-connected the new relay and now when i switch to high beam it doesnt work. Is there a fuse for high beam? my spotties still work when switched to high beam so im thinking the problem may be in the HID globe itself from when the relay melted, bit weird when they work fine at low beam. Any help would be great.

cheers
Brock

Last edited:
i had a similar issue with mine, but i just rewired it so the normal headlights stay on low beam all the time and i just use my spotties for high beam. it was a bit of screwing around, but the hids were pretty useless on high beam anyway...

basically i just chopped the relay wiring up to get the plugs that go into the ballasts off, joined the normal power wire that goes from the low beam to the ballast with another wire. i then put a 14v (i think) zener diode in it and connected that to the high beam wire in the headlight plug (so the spotties don't come on when the headlights are on). i did this on both sides of the car, so basically the headlights stay on low beam all the time, but the spotties come one when you switch high beam on. if you don't connect the other wire up, when you switch to high beam the headlights will switch off.

i hope that makes some sense, i find those hid relays a pita as they are set up with a controller in them to shift the globe solenoid when you go from low to high beam, so when it dies you have to stick a new one in. i didn't fancy paying $40 or whatever they wanted for the wiring loom...

If it is a bi-xenon H4 kit then the bulb stays lit for low and high beam with only the magnetic solinoid changing the bulb in relation to the reflector????

So ideally if the bulb goes out but the bulb moves or vice versa when switched to high beam then it will either be a connection fault or the relay/wireing loom is stuffed.

Latest posts

Back