Hi top canopy with a lift kit - does my bum look big in this?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
Anyone got a hi top canopy and a suspension lift or got a photo or know of a member with this?
Never been a huge fan of the way my arb hi top canopy looks and saw last shape triton the other day that looked a bit shite.
Anyone know if they have any problems going under low bridges? haha.
Cheers, Marcus

Haha yeah, imagine the looks I'd get in the city airing down to get into my $50 hour carpark!
Told Amber you weren't impressed that I didn't have a lift si she's all for it when we can come up with the cash of course... part time job here I come...

I can't say a high top is useless, because we have filled our tub to the roof of the canopy - we just bought a house, and it had date palm trees and they just could not stay on the property if I was going to stay there so down they came. The green waste from that (and the other trees that were diseased and near death) took 11 trips to take to the tip. I might have made it in 10 trips if I had a high top.

My problem with the high top is threefold.

First, it takes away the clean lines of a roof that fairly closely lies horizontal to the rear of the vehicle. There's something neat and tidy about having the canopy roof at the same height as the cabin roof.

The higher roof would cause problems in car parks. Most car parks seem to have entry heights of about 2.0-2.1metres, although the car park I use when I go to work is 1.9m and the next nearest car park that allows taller vehicles is over a kilometre away.

Lastly, there's no chance of long loads on a roof rack. If you were a builder, or paddler, or wind surfer ... you'd have problems.

Of course, if you put in a lift kit the height problem goes away because you just don't go into car parks any more. Unfortunately that also means putting your shopping away in the car while standing in the rain, and no chance of getting your car out from the hailstorm. It could also prevent you from putting your car in your own garage - it would for me, until we move to our new house where I'll be having a custom garage built to take the Navara and the caravan, hopefully with a pit built into it as well.

Tony raises lots of valid points there.

I do have the high roof canopy AND a lift kit installed. AND i also have a roof top tent on top of the high roof canopy ... (starting to become a theme here).

My minimum needed clearance height is 2.45m.!

I cant go into any normal undercover carparks. I cant even park the car in the garage. I also have to be careful when off road, some blokes drive under obstructions - and i need to get out and check to see if i'll make it first.

I'm planning to build a carport in front of my garage, so that will take care of my parking under cover at home issue, and i plan to be able to 'winch' the roof top tent off the car and leave it up under the carport when not in use. That should then bring my required height clearance back down to 2.1m which will suit a lot of under cover carparks (but not all).

Thanks for the input there fellas, our garage is pretty good, can't remember the clearance but i remember we had it built higher for that purpose.
Woody, I can't recall your canopy looking high like mine, maybe the style is slightly different.
The only reason I have one is coz it was there when I got the car, might post up if anyone wants to swap.
Come on guys where's the pics...

P1080002.jpg

Still looks good to me. Canopy was bought 2nd hand. occasionally come in handy but with 4' lift i stay away from underground carparks.

Nah you'll be right, that's why the canopy is moulded on an angle, as you go under the bar the vehicle is pushed down gradually until it goes under all the way, just like having height adjustable shocks.

Thanks Tommy_2222222222222222220.
that's what I wanted to see, looks great. I reckon the canopy actually adds a nice line to it, but sometimes, maybe front on, I'm not always convinced.
what have u got? a body and a suspension lift? Are you in Qld? Was just checkin out your lawn, you must be north somewhere.
Hey krafty, that was actually pretty funny what you said... for a change haha.

Thanks Tommy_2222222222222222220.
that's what I wanted to see, looks great. I reckon the canopy actually adds a nice line to it, but sometimes, maybe front on, I'm not always convinced.
what have u got? a body and a suspension lift? Are you in Qld? Was just checkin out your lawn, you must be north somewhere.
Hey krafty, that was actually pretty funny what you said... for a change haha.

Yeah 2" Body + 2" suspension

Located on NSW Sth Coast, pic wasn't taken today, what just 1 from photobucket prob a few months ago.

Latest posts

Back