hey everyone. new here

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonno_d40

Reaction score
hey everyone i just bought a 2007 d40. bout to put a 5" sus lift and 33" mudies on it. anyone got any sugestions on a winch bar?
and i have heard that navaras have a ceramic clutch, has anyone had any dramas? is it worth replacing with a heavy duty clutch?

Welcome to the forum!

I've got the Nissan-supplied (ARB-made) steel bar on mine, I'm happy with it. The ARB bar looks good and has a place for fog lights as well.

Watch the weight on it. Bar + winch will add over 55kg to the front, and Nissan did a recall where any vehicle with 55Kg or more on the front had the springs upgraded and all of 'em had a strap added to prevent the bonnet from breaking loose and hitting the windscreen. If you've got the strap in place, yours was managed by the recall. If not, add the bar and winch first then go see Nissan.

They have a dual mass flywheel and a rather weak clutch. The combination has caused issues in the past. If you're hungry to change it, definitely throw something heavy duty in there.

Does anyone know if it's possible to move the LSD I have from the rear to the front and put lockers on the rear

I mainly know D22's.

D22 LSD's are great and last the distance.

D40 LSD's, cant really comment but some of the D40 guys will fill you in.

Latest posts

Back