HELP needed- how big intercooler is TOO big for a diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qecluke

Reaction score
Hey guys, Well first off i'm new to the forum I have had a 3.0L navara D22 for a few years now and am looking at turning it into a bit of a more offroad capable 4x4, After years using it as a street car.have been going through hours of threads find ALOT more information than anywhere else.

Just need some help, im replacing the front mount intercooler on my d22 navara turbo diesel and I cant find the same size intercooler as the one i had previously. I have found one but its a bit thicker core and comes with 2.5" outlet instead of my original one of 2".Would this be TOO big? Any help would be appreciated.

Luke

so your 3L nav already has an intercooler? what's wrong with it?

cheap power upgrades are the EGR and 80 series airbox mods.

so your 3L nav already has an intercooler? what's wrong with it?

cheap power upgrades are the EGR and 80 series airbox mods.

Hey Joshman yeh it already has an aftermarket front mount intercooler, but im in the process of installing a new bull bar and it has been damaged in the process. ie sledge hammer dropped onto the front of the core.

i see, that is quite unfortunate. in the short term, just disconnect it. as far as i know theres a sweet spot in intercooler size. too big and the turbo lag is too much and too little and its not overly effective. and pipe size has a part to play in this.

do a search in the forums, there's stack of info around

XR6 intercoolers seem to fit. NO idea myself. Just seen them used. Perhaps search on that. Or, look for specs on the ASE intercoolers for D22's and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back