Help! Car Not Cranking Over Properly!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbb

Reaction score
F^^&%*king car,

Sorry, have a D22 td25 2010, went thru a few bonnet level water crossings (salt) yesterday and now every time i start the car it sounds like it's struggling for to turn over - like a battery dying.

It has a snorkel and one it kicks over it's fine - just the caranking issue.

Any idea's fellas.........................................I've had a bad week with my ride, smashed tail light ($170) they want to replace, destroyed my side steps - scotty's on to that......thanx mate.

What u reckon guys

Further to that,

If it was a starter motor issue the car wouldn't crank at all right?

starters can get full of crap and then make grindy crunchy noises not that common but it does happen, not saying thats your prob but

F^^&%*king car,

Sorry, have a D22 td25 2010, went thru a few bonnet level water crossings (salt) yesterday and now every time i start the car it sounds like it's struggling for to turn over - like a battery dying.

It has a snorkel and one it kicks over it's fine - just the caranking issue.

Any idea's fellas.........................................I've had a bad week with my ride, smashed tail light ($170) they want to replace, destroyed my side steps - scotty's on to that......thanx mate.

What u reckon guys

Couple of friendly suggestions -

Give your thread a better (more specific) title to get more people looking at it and offering help.

It's not a TD25, it's a YD25. Might sound trivial but the TD25 was a completely different motor fitted to the D22 in the UK and we get users from all around the world offering help.

Salt water could mean you've got a ground that's not making good contact with the body because of corrosion, or your battery might be dying for one of many possible reasons, or you might have some gunk in your starter motor or starter solenoid. If you have a booster pack, hook it up to the battery and see if it starts better. If not, you've ruled out the battery and need to check the starter motor and earths.

Good luck mate.

I've fixed the thread title.

The very first thing I'd do is try another battery in it. Just borrow a good one from another car - make sure it has enough CCA (cold cranking amps) to turn over the diesel - 600 or more is needed as these things pull between 500 and 550A to get started.

Follow Dion's plan - fastest, cheapest way to find the cause.

I had problems with mine after going through some deep water. Really hard to start cold and sounded like it was struggling to turn over. Brought a new battery, glow plugs and new earth straps. End up being my fuel filter, drained it, checked all the connections and threads. Re-primed and hasn't missed a beat since.

Latest posts

Back