headlight replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentd22

Reaction score
Hey all!!
A while back I put my nav pretty deep in some water and my headlights filled with dirty water which has stained the inside of them. Its only at the bottom and only astheticly effects it but ive been thinking about replacing them. Ive been contemplating a hid upgrade of the original lights and was wondering if there is a better aftermarket housing I should get or just replace with the standard housing? ?

Read up on here, couple of threads on pulling your headlights apart. Clean them and then reseal them. Then hid if that's your plan

Hey all!!
A while back I put my nav pretty deep in some water and my headlights filled with dirty water which has stained the inside of them. Its only at the bottom and only astheticly effects it but ive been thinking about replacing them. Ive been contemplating a hid upgrade of the original lights and was wondering if there is a better aftermarket housing I should get or just replace with the standard housing? ?
You can kill do birds with the one stone here.

I do proper HID retrofits so if you sent me your dirty lights I could actually separate them, clean them, convert them to projector HID and have them sealed up better then new and putting out double the output what the best ebay HID kit would.

You should never put HIDs directly into reflectors as there not designed for it. They will eventually burn the reflectors and you will constantly get flashed as there blinding to oncoming drivers unless you adjust them at the ground which when your output is worst then before. You can see if the pics below that the light is splashed everywhere which is why it blinds oncoming traffic

Here's a couple of pics of the difference.

ebay low beam HID in reflectors.
IMG_1234_zps2058e1c6.jpg

low beam in a Projector

IMG_1296.jpg

ebay high beam HID in reflectors

IMG_1235_zps00091991.jpg

high beam in a projector
IMG_1298.jpg

Cheers Mick

^^ yeah I thought that you needed to change the reflectors or something. Im not overly great with this stuff yet. What is the cost?? The HID was going to be in the future so I might just clean them up for now but might be interested soon!!

^^ yeah I thought that you needed to change the reflectors or something. Im not overly great with this stuff yet. What is the cost?? The HID was going to be in the future so I might just clean them up for now but might be interested soon!!
If you where to pull the lights apart and fit them yourself the kit is $400 depending on options. Separating the lens is the hard part with the bolt in kits. If you can do that then all you need to do is sit the projector in the H4 hole and bolt in in. There is no cutting or anything like that.

The wiring is totally plug and play again no cutting or anything like that.

Cheers Mick

Back