Headlight covers worth it or not??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
So when I bought the new D22 the stealership said the headlights are pretty tough and they wouldn't waste the money on a set of covers.

Is this the truth or are they setting me up for a big repair bill when a stone goes through one?

A stone may not go thru the lense but it will leave a mark. I run the covers on my D40 as they get the stone chips and not the headlights. Covers are easier and cheaper to replace should you need to

Yep, the plastic is relatively cheap.

I wrapped my D22 in plastic early on. Headlights, bonnet guard and both front wethershields (the slim ones). Never been sorry. Especially the weathershields.

I was pleasantly surprised at the price of the Nissan accessories. I still am.

I was also thinking about the bonnet guard. Does that just stick on with adhesive or is there some drilling involved?

Very worth it.

My headlight protectors have chips all over them.

Same with the bonnet protector.

The worse thing about the bonnet protector is cleaning behind it.

No drilling involed. Its easy as to fit.

I used that headlight protector film on my headlights and driving lights, about $15 a pack, and will do the lights twice if I need it too. Takes a fair bit to penetrate them we've had rocks and all sorts bounce off over the years. It's not a quick job to put the stuff on but it's a job worth taking your time with and if done right it works well.

I am however considering getting a bonnet protector when I ring up and order the parts for my next service since they quoted me $40 for the smoked protector. The film stuff I've got on the lights also works on panels but it only lasts about 5 years before it fades differently to the rest of the paintwork.

Looks like i'll chuck them both on the shopping list.

The stick on stuff frustrates me trying to cut it right and put it on without bubbles. I used the 3M paint protection film around my tray rails to protect it from the tonneau cover and don't want to go through applying that again. haha

Latest posts

Back