Got 33's Hits metal somethine behind the tyre

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Finally bit the bullet and got my self some 33 muddies so good bloody love em! they are 33/12.5/R17 and got em on my stock ST rims. Very Happy!

Only problem, on full lock they hit something behind the tyre, i though it was scraping the mud flaps so i trimmed em up but its definitely behind the wheel.

Question is, is it possible to add a spacer to the original Nav wheel to increase the offset so i dont get this rubbing?

It will be rubbing against the chassis ar the rear. Mine does it, most do with stock thai wheels and 33s. I wouldnt worry about it. You could adjust the steering stops or get better offset wheels. I defo wouldnt trust spacers. Those things are an accident waiting to happen.
I just dont push it on full lock and its not a problem

It will be rubbing against the chassis ar the rear. Mine does it, most do with stock thai wheels and 33s. I wouldnt worry about it. You could adjust the steering stops or get better offset wheels. I defo wouldnt trust spacers. Those things are an accident waiting to happen.
I just dont push it on full lock and its not a problem

Yep thats exactly what its hitting. I would have gotten offset rims but I really like the factory alloys...i just need to be offset a tiny bit!! ahhhhh so annoying!

Yep thats exactly what its hitting. I would have gotten offset rims but I really like the factory alloys...i just need to be offset a tiny bit!! ahhhhh so annoying!

I believe the Spanish offset on a Thai works really good and should fix that

Its not touching on the very bottom of the guard.there is a small triangle of sheet metal that normally needs removing behing the plastic inner guard.you can remove this with tin snips tho if need be..work of warning if you dont get enough clearance there the tyre will chew a hole thru the plastic inner gaurd.i let mine scrape for a week before i fixed it...i now have a split in the plastic inner guard.mine also technically rubs on the chassis rails..never heard it tho.

I can hear and feel it in mine but seeing as i dont often do 100kph on full lock i don't really care if it rubs off a bit of chassis black...

Yep, got the same with 33" AT's on my D40 STX. Can't do much about the chassis rubbing, but i eliminated all other rubbing with a heat gun, some gentle plastic massaging and some side cutters and a file.

Was easy.

I must ask though, how has your fuel economy gone with the 33 x 12.5's? I have 285/75/16's, minimal fuel economy change. Id love 33 x 12.5's but was concerned as to whether they'd fit on my factory STX wheels.

Last edited:
Its not touching on the very bottom of the guard.there is a small triangle of sheet metal that normally needs removing behing the plastic inner guard.you can remove this with tin snips tho if need be..work of warning if you dont get enough clearance there the tyre will chew a hole thru the plastic inner gaurd.i let mine scrape for a week before i fixed it...i now have a split in the plastic inner guard.mine also technically rubs on the chassis rails..never heard it tho.

have u got a pic of this bro? would help ALOT! cheers

Yep, got the same with 33" AT's on my D40 STX. Can't do much about the chassis rubbing, but i eliminated all other rubbing with a heat gun, some gentle plastic massaging and some side cutters and a file.

Was easy.

I must ask though, how has your fuel economy gone with the 33 x 12.5's? I have 285/75/16's, minimal fuel economy change. Id love 33 x 12.5's but was concerned as to whether they'd fit on my factory STX wheels.

i was sitting on 9.1L/100 on my 265/70/r17...i have done around 500km now on these tires and theres no change at all. I dont think they will affect the economy much at all.

i was sitting on 9.1L/100 on my 265/70/r17...i have done around 500km now on these tires and theres no change at all. I dont think they will affect the economy much at all.

Yeah that's 265's though. Im running 285's at the moment. A 12.5 is a fair bit wider and SLIGHTY taller (not enough to worry about though.

It's more the width im worried about. Obviously if i did id have to fit some flares etc.

Back